Author Topic: The Arillas Online questionaire results for 2012  (Read 47155 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
The Arillas Online questionaire results for 2012
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »
The results of our research on the tourism of Arillas were made public on Sunday 20 January. A lot of people came to the presentation and left after a couple of hours much wiser! I believe they were more than 100, among them there were most of the local business owners of the area and many local councilors and politicians from the Island.
The survey had stopped durring the seccond week of November as untill then we had received 603 completed responses.
Looking for someone to help us analyse the results of the survey we came across dr Kostas Tsoumanis.
Dr Tsoumanis is an expert in tourist marketing, has conducted several such surveys in the past and is currently the head of the National Tourism Organisation (EOT) department of the Ionian islands. He offered to help us and was pleasantly surprised by the results of the survey. The result of his analysis was a 80-page document, not only outlining the replies to the survey but going one step further to propose a long-term vision for Arillas and specific steps that need to be taken to get there!
For the full pdf (in Greek) go to the Arillas official website.

• Arillas has an extremely large number of recurring visitors.
  • 1 out of 2 visitors have been here more than 5 times while 1 out of 4 more than 10 times!
  • The average visitor of Arillas is over 45, travels single or with a partner/friend, stays two weeks or longer and is a returning visitor.
  • Visitors are content about Arillas. Almost all aspects of the area such as the people, accommodation, restaurants, beach, natural surroundings etc score very high.
  • The most impressive statistic of the whole survey (for me) was that 96.5% of the visitors say they will visit Arillas again in the coming 5 years!
  • What people value more about Arillas is the peace and quiet, the authenticity and hospitality and in general the feeling of a village as opposed to a resort.
  • Another impressive fact is that the most popular answer (by far) to the question “What changes would you like to see in Arillas next time you come?” was “Nothing”!
  • Most people coming to Arillas use the internet and book their accommodation directly with the owners.This means that Arillas is to a large degree independent of big tour operators.
  • Next to the nature and beach, the good food, walking trails, meditation centres, and local festivals are seen as big advantages of Arillas.
Based on these results, the aim for the future is to maintain the authenticity of the village and develop according to a model based on sustainability and quality to become a pilot holiday destination that could serve as an example for other destinations on Corfu and Greece. To get there, all people of Arillas must first of all share this vision and work together to achieve our goals, one little step at a time. We believe this is the way out of the crisis. Get down to work and start creating something from the bottom up, little by little, in harmony with nature.
We have set our goals high, but we are committed to achieve them. We will do all we can to keep Arillas clean, authentic, green and hospitable and we will continue to improve our services to keep our old friends content and bring even more people to this piece of heaven on Corfu!

I will try and get the most important contents of the results translated and post them here.
We worked very hard to create this event, in Arillas it had a great outcome to the people who attended.

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
Re: The Arillas Online questionaire results for 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »
What people value more about Arillas is the peace and quiet, the authenticity and hospitality and in general the feeling of a village as opposed to a resort.
  - this is certainly (to us) very, very important.

Thank you very much, Dimitris, for letting us know of these results - it is good to know that all our friends in Arillas care enough to carry out the survey and to act upon the results

We love you all and can't wait to return - year after year!

Janis and Barry xx

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:32 AM »
  • The average visitor of Arillas is over 45, travels single or with a partner/friend, stays two weeks or longer and is a returning visitor.

Yep yep, I am in this group and that is where I will stay. Thank you Dimitris for publishing the results and what encouraging results! :)
Life is good ;)

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:35:13 AM »
it just goes to show ,that arillas and its people care,as do its visitors,well done dimitris for getting this going ,im sure the stats will help,the residents and buisness  owners alike ,,

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »
Now it´s official. You have in writing what you already knew: we love you, Arillas!
Thank you, Dimitri.
Emeralddragons

Offline Ann K

• Arillas Addict
  • Arillas! Arillas! Arillas!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »
This is so encouraging for everyone and must be an inspiration for the people of Arillas to 'keep at it' for all of us.  Well done and long may it continue.  We'll keep coming back.
Ann x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
Yay, yay, yay...well done Arillas...keep up the good work and continue what you're good at...keeping us lot happy and coming back :-) :-) :-)

(...and thank you for respecting us by asking our opinions; also thank you for your efforts to create an interesting, evolving and caring environment for all who visit your beautiful village)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
The results surpise me not at all. But that doesn't detract from how amazingly good they are. I have always called Arillas the jewel in Corfu's crown, and now it seems that lessons will be learned about what makes hundreds of us keep returning.

I hope it really does help Corfu as a whole to start turning round the declining tourist numbers and see prosperity return in the future.

Efcharisto Dimitri for posting this.

Phil

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:49 PM »
 It's nice to be asked opinions and even nicer to see that something is actually done with the information, it gets back to those in the industry and who are responsible. 

To me (and no doubt everyone on the forum) the results are no surprise but it's nice to see the overwhelming love for the quietness, authenticity and warm welcome of Arillas. 

I hope that the results give the business owners of Arillas hope for the future and the knowledge that, if they keep doing what they are doing (and a little bit more) we will keep coming back - and bringing newbies along too. Good to see too that independent holidays are responsible for high tourist numbers - money going direct to those responsible for making our short time in Arillas so lovely.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for July 12th now and my next visit to paradise :)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 11:45:13 PM »
Thank you for publishing this Information dimitris
It is interesting to find out what matters and that the people of Arillas are determined to continue to make the village a place where Old and new visitors will feel it's warmth and welcome.

Based on these results, the aim for the future is to maintain the authenticity of the village and develop according to a model based on sustainability and quality to become a pilot holiday destination that could serve as an example for other destinations on Corfu and Greece. To get there, all people of Arillas must first of all share this vision and work together to achieve our goals, one little step at a time. We believe this is the way out of the crisis. Get down to work and start creating something from the bottom up, little by little, in harmony with nature.

Softly, softly, cachee monkey, this phrase will surley reap its rewards for Arillas, The people of Arillas and all it's visitors

•Another impressive fact is that the most popular answer (by far) to the question “What changes would you like to see in Arillas next time you come?” was “Nothing”!

If it's not beoken then dont fix it.
ARILLAS IS LOVED FOR WHAT IT IS. LONG MAY IT REMAIN THAT WAY

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:13:02 AM »

As long as the 96.5% continue to encourage friends and family to visit and Arillas remains the beautiful and friendly village that it is ..... then, hopefully Arillas will survive these hard times and the local economy will begin to recover.
I believe this is possible with the encouraging results this report presents.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
I feel that this questionnaire has been taken very seriously by all that have read it and am very pleased about that and the final report.
So pleased that it agrees with most of the people that replied and that Arillas will continue to stay as it is, Im sure it will be the right way to go and in the future it will be good for the  economy of the locals and the council. Thank you Dimitris for doing this and pushing it so hard please also thank everybody involved. Love Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline hampshire hawker

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 03:58:46 PM »
we are coming to Arillas for the very first time in September. In choosing Arillas(thanks to the help we received on the Corfu Forum) we were looking specifically for a village greek atmosphere and friendly locals. We found this on previous holidays to Elounda in Crete and I think Arillas will surpass Elounda. Looking forward to our holiday and to comparing Elounda with Arillas

Hampshire Hawker

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
looking specifically for a village greek atmosphere and friendly locals.

You've found it!
Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 11:26:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum Hampshire Hawker but do you REALLY think that we are going to let you get away with that?? Details please!! :-)

Booking.com