Author Topic: Advice please!  (Read 10387 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Advice please!
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »
I know many of you go down the independent route to get toArillas.
And that you try to book your flights as soon as operators release their schedule.
 This year our holiday cost has risen for Kaloudis package deal by quite a bit, bringing us closer to what would be the indepenent price for travel when all the flight and hotel and other costs are taken into account.
  What i`d like to know is, for all of you that keep an eye out for the earliest (and best) air fare, is, on average, what your flights have been costing you.
It used to be that Kaloudis package prices were great for us. I know there are other possible cheaper options, but we like using Kaloudis.
    Also going your own way opens up many more places to stay. 

Thanks in advance,   Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Re: Advice please!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:32:39 PM »
We booked Kaloudis back in October Paul at £1010 for 2 weeks in august for both of us the price rise of £20 on last year but now when i check for us its risen by £280 to what we payed in October i guess the answer is book early and check web prices every day for a bargain
Tony

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 10:00:07 PM »
Hi, Tony.  Our price is similar to yours, Tony.  I know prices keep going up but when you consider we paid £1300 for three weeks at the same time last year, I think the two week price is way too steep. Booked ours in the so called `January sale`. I know Cardiff prices are higher but we went from Cardiff last year.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:20:31 PM »
Hi Paul,
We paid £688 for 6 return flights in June from Luton, that's with 4 x hold baggage and reserved seats both ways, normally go from Gatwick but was £300 more.
We booked on the day the flights were released in October, the price now is over £1400! Bargain or what?!!
Cheers
Glenda

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:19:38 AM »
We booked early for August flights with Easyjet. We had to book the outgoing flight only as the return in September had not been released. When they were the prices were very high compared to what we normally pay and now have gone up even much more . I don't think that it's that easy to get a bargain if you go in the school holidays  although on a whole July seems to be cheaper than August and returning as we are just before the schools go back seems to be the most expensive time. Our friends haven't booked yet even though they have their accomodation sorted as the prices are so high and are hoping that the prices will come down.

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 01:28:16 AM »
Its a total gamble and a bit like speculating with shares. We keep going the Akti route and each year there is a slight increase if you hit it on the right day. This year we got it just right and managed to get it for the cheapest ever for us, £60 each less than last year and cheaper even than 2010. There seems to be no logic to it, booking early does not always mean cheapest, its just if you strike lucky with one of their sudden short 'sales'.

G&C

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »
One thing I would say Jersey Bean and that is I would be AMAZED if the price of flights comes down for your friends...............
Sorry but I am just being realistic.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline NicandJohn

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
EJ flight in april were £61.50 return each! July £165 each and october with ryanair £115 each.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:39 PM »
We booked Jul 12th from Bristol as soon as schedules were released, and paid £340 for both, with two bags. Yesterday the same flights were £670. EasyJet only ever go up it seems to me.

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 07:17:36 PM »
Spot on Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »
phil/truth
ditto same here booked as soon as released £425 with legroom seats,and luggage ,now £910,,omg ,,its stupid but thats the way it works ,,yammas

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 08:29:17 PM »
It's a gamble whenever you book flights though it does seem to be cheaper pre-christmas. Certainly afterwards it doesn't seem to come down, only go up!

I booked a couple of weeks ago for July and the prices did vary wildly, with (oddly) Monarch and Thomson coming up cheaper than Jet 2.  In the end paid £1000 for 3 people, including hold baggage and seats together flying with Thomson from B'ham.  £10 more to do a a 10 day trip than 7.  We're staying at Kaloudis independently (with Roula) as in previous years and the apartment is a per night fee now, which is quite bargain. 

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:46:18 PM »
Not so strange as you would think Steph ,Jet2 are not the budget airline they used to be. . . .

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »
GazCaz      We booked Akti from Manchester in November for first two weeks in June and got it for just over £700 for the two of us.Have stayed at Akti many times before and never paid so little.I think we must have just been lucky with the time we booked.Have looked on Thomas Cook site recently and same two weeks are shown as not available.     Ron.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »

Ron, that was a bargain for June. Wish I had seen it.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Booking.com