Author Topic: Advice please!  (Read 10385 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Advice please!
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
June tends to be one of the cheaper months as there are no school holidays at all in there.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 06:13:14 PM »
I think my friends know that Easyjet prices won't come down but are hoping that maybe Thomson or Monarch might as don't they do the opposite start off more expensive and then sell them off cheaper nearer the time. It's a gamble I know.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
I don't think any flights go down in price , with the odd exceptions . I am all over Monarch flights as soon as they come out ! Will be flying to Rhodes with them I think , August 2014 , and will be looking for them to be released towards the end of this year.  Forward planning eh ! lol

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »
We love Rhodes. Only been twice because we found our Arillas, but it worked for us. The first one was in 1980, when Faliraki was a man-made beach with a shed which sold basic refreshments. The other was in 2006 when it had exploded into a "Kavos-like" den of iniquity. But we still found peaceful tavernas and a naturist beach at one end.

The island of Symi was gorgeous, as was Lindos. It was 50 degC when we visited there in 1980 and we spent the day in the sea, only heads and arms in evidence holding bottles of ice cold Fix (tasted like Mythos) to our lips. I drove south and we found deserted sandy beaches many miles long. It was the beginning of our Greek Odyssey which has culminated in our parochial love of Arillas and Corfu.

Where are you off to Truth?  If we had time and money we would tour the whole of north Rhodes.

Phil

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 10:01:18 PM »
I have just checked their flight prices with Easyjet and the return alone is £334 per person that is very high surely it will have to come down slightly don't you think. I book as soon as they come out but have never known the prices being this expensive.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 01:05:20 AM »
I hope they do Jersey but I like a little bet and I bet they won't !
Hi Phil, we are going to stay in Pefkos (Stella Hotel is looking the favourite) but the reason we are going to Rhodes is our friends are getting married in Lindos. We stayed in Pefkos about 12 years ago in October and enjoyed it. It was very quiet and warm then , I suspect it will be hot and busy when we go August 2014 though!
I have a friend who said the same as you about Faliraki,,,,, it's not ALL 18-30's.
I like Fix , but you can't beat Mythos can you mate ????

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »
Mmm, Pefkos lamb in the Enigma Restaurant in 2006, I can still taste it if I think hard.... :-)

Offline poade

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
hi paul

last year i paid 247 plus 28 pounds (20k lugage) for 3 off us, mid august,
plus 55 euros taxi to splish splash. works out much cheaper!

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »
I think that you'll find the prices are much more expensive for August this year.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 06:26:17 PM »
We should all put together , buy a viking longship and row/sail over there !!!! Obviously, I will want to be the one that beats the drum ........  lol

Offline poade

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 04:28:12 PM »
298 from manchester at moment(plus 48 for 20k)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 11:51:32 AM »
Just had a good look round the web and going from manchester Thomson fly is by far the cheapest. If I was you I would check them now from Cardiff. Viv.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline poade

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2013, 11:54:54 AM »
would wait until end march normally cheaper then

Booking.com