Author Topic: Wok House  (Read 6035 times)

Anonymous

Wok House
« on: May 07, 2004, 02:56:29 PM »
Hi All
 Has anyone tried the Wok House chinese yet ???
 We saw it being built last May, and when we went in October expecting to have a meal it was closed for season. Although we love Greek food , a chinese is alright for a change?
 WE know its run by Ina's family who have the shop on the front which we know as well.

Thanks
Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Wok House
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 03:00:50 PM »
Sorry that was my question someone keeps trying to phone me and cuts the internet connection!!  another spam advert?

Paul/Deb5

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Wok House
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 08:27:04 PM »
Hi Paul/Deb

It was open at the beginning of October when we were there but we never actually got any food.  The menu looked great though and it was reasonably priced.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Wok House
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »
Hi' Paul & Deb,

We had a meal in the Wok house during our visit in July.

Perhaps it was 'teething' problems, but the meal was poor value for the price we paid.  The quality of the food  was reasonable, but I would not be in a hurry to visit again.  

For what we paid, including drinks, we could have had an excellant meal in a taverna.

I don't like to be negative, it's hard enough for businesses to make a living, but it was bound to be a difficult task to take on the local cuisine. :?

Eileen

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Wok House
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 09:19:34 PM »
Quote from: Eileen
Hi' Paul & Deb,

We had a meal in the Wok house during our visit in July.

Perhaps it was 'teething' problems, but the meal was poor value for the price we paid.  The quality of the food  was reasonable, but I would not be in a hurry to visit again.  

For what we paid, including drinks, we could have had an excellant meal in a taverna.

I don't like to be negative, it's hard enough for businesses to make a living, but it was bound to be a difficult task to take on the local cuisine. :?

Eileen
I have to , as fond as I am of Chinese food, that when in Greece I prefer to eat Greek food. (Usually at the Brouklis)
                          Ivan

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Wok House
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 10:59:52 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for replys Jill, Eileen & Ivan,
 Ivan we also always eat Greek & at Brouklis with Dimitris,  but we usually like to give a new place a try, to share the trade around a bit.
Without going back through forum pages when are you out in Arillas this year?

regards all
      Paul/Deb5

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Wok House
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 08:04:30 AM »
i must admit i wont be going there i feel so ill when i have eaten chinese..
wish it was a indian yummmmmmy.
do they do english meals as well?
sue 8)
15 days to go (not counting lol)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Wok House
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 11:37:30 PM »
8) Hi Paul/Deb5 and all,
                      Fair comment about about spreading it around, it's not something I would be good at. I tend to have my own table for the fortnight at Dimitris'. We have nothing booked for Arillas yet this year, hope to go Aug or Sept. I am going on a three week motorcycle tour of the South of the Greek mainland in three weeks so I will be very close to Arillas. If we get any thing booked I will post dates.
                                         Regards,
                                                    Ivan

Booking.com