Author Topic: help wanted  (Read 6245 times)

Offline ianandang

help wanted
« on: February 09, 2013, 05:52:42 PM »
The wife and me have been waiting 18 years for our first holiday on our own(sons now grown up).Arillas is the choice and from what we have read we can't wait to get there.What we would like to know is the best paces to eat and chill out at night.We have booked for two weeks at the beginning of august  at the kaloudis.

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: help wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 06:25:19 PM »
ianandang
your spoilt for choice ,,we all have our own faves ,so its up to you to make your own mind up ,and you have 2wks to do it,,me personally ,is brouklis ,thallassa,go with the flow ,,chill and see where you end up ..enjoy ,,yammas.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »
Hi Ian and Ang and a big welcome to the forum! You have certainly made an excellent choice for your first adults-only holiday!! You will love the kaloudis, that is where we first stayed some 14 years ago. Literally minutes from the beautiful beach and about 30 seconds to the first lovely taverna (Effi's)! You will be spoilt for choice, many taverna's dotted along the sea-front and some equally nice ones a short walk away. My faves have to be brouklis (past the two bars on the main street), Horizon on the sea-front, Thalassa and Kostas on the beach (both on the sea-front where you can watch the amazing sunsets). You will find your own favorites I am sure. Enjoy x

Offline ianandang

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »
Kev and Jo thanks for that.We have never looked forward to a holiday some much as this and no it not because our son is off with his mates to Zante lol. If the welcome in Arillas is as warm as we got on here ehere in for a treat.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »
Hi Ian and Ang,
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will love Arillas. All the tavernas have their own personalities. I have never had a bad meal in all the time I have been going to Arillas. My favorites are Gratsella, Thomas Vavalis' Fish Taverna, Brouklis, The Captain's table, Effi's but all the others are equally as good, just a matter of choice. Gratsella, you can sit almost on the beach and get a wonderful view of the sunset every night as you eat and listen to the waves breaking.
Have a great time.
All the best,
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
Hi Ian and Ang.

Our dear friends kevin.g and Jo Wissett have made the point. The welcome in Arilas is legendary. And it is real. There are so many choices of great places to eat and chill you will cerainly not try them all in two weeks. In ten years and 16 visits to Arillas, Jen and I still have things on our todo list....

Nearly next door to Kaloudis (which is special in its own right - we visit every summer and have stayed there) is Eftihia's as kev said. Often looks closed but it isn't. If you like seafood, you must try the grilled garlic prawns (now known as Phil's prawns.) Elevated position, looking out over the sea, Gravia and Mathraki islands, a more romantic atmosphere will be hard to find. Except the whole seafront is full of places where you can feel the same.

Very best wishes for a truly wonderful "second honeymoon." Jen and I have one twice a year in Arillas.

Phil

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 11:52:48 PM »
Martin, our posts were at the same time! Like kev and Jo, you are dear to us because of our forum. I have met both of them, albeit for a very short time, and hope to meet you one day. Such is the power of our Arillas.

Phil

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:31:58 AM »
Last year we were first timers in Arillas and looking at the Forum made us excited to go but we also wondered 'can it be really that good?'

Well.......it was....it was just as lovely as everyone says and more besides. Everyone on this forum carries their own stories,and Arillas just seems to be what ever you need it to be.. quiet,peaceful, noisy, lively,it really does seem able to please all.

As for the food...delicious in most places,the wine delicious,the sunsets fantastic and the people so friendly.Best wishes to you both!

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:37 AM »
See above. . . . . . Totally agree . . . .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »

And so do we.

Val n Bill x
The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
Me three! I concur with everything that has been mentioned above and Arillas really is that good.

And on that note - I have only 187 short sleeps before I have my fortnight of good life under the Greek skies in Arillas  :)

Life is good ;)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 10:43:31 AM »
Hi Ianandange

As with Claire above it was my first visit to Arillas last year.  I have no doubt I completely bored the socks off the regular posters with my many questions.  As a single mum I can get we little lonely on hols as my daughter quickly makes friends and abandons me!  I have to say this was not the case in Arillas.

A couple of people recognised me from the forum and it was lovely to chat to them and I also made friends with a family who will be there again this year when I pay my second visit.  I cannot recommend Arillas, this forum and also the Facebook pages highly enough.

One thing I would recommend is hiring a boat and taking a picnic to eat on some deserted beach.  We found beaches with nobody on but us and that was in July August!  Who would have thought that even possible.  You can sail down to Paleo and around to Sidari.  It really is magical.

Angela xx

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:30 AM »
welcome ian and ange me and ann been going for 6 years now and we have on doubt you will enjoy we stall not got to all the places so we will be there next year to                          yammus from keith and ann

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02:47 AM »
oh we will be there this year 103 days time

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »
Excellent choice Ian & Ang.
Great food, great drink, great people, great place. In short you'll have a greeeeeeeaaaatt time.

Booking.com