Author Topic: Bad Experience??  (Read 5842 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Bad Experience??
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »
I`ve just been going through older forum topics and, unfortunately, some of us have had bad experiences in our favourite place, albeit few and far between.
       I, for one, am grateful that these problems have been brought to our attention, so that we are prepared if anything was to go wrong whilst on holiday.
   We all sing Arillas` praises and rightly so but i`m wondering, just wondering, if it would be really beneficial, for us to have a section on here, where things that might have gone wrong or were not as expected, could be highlighted. Not with a view to putting people off coming but to inform us, so we know what to expect.
 Things that people have thought about but hadn`t wanted to tell for fear of upsetting the apple-cart, so to speak.
 This is just a thought and I know you will all have an opinion. So, please, if you disagree with me, then that`s OK by me.

Yammas,  Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Bad Experience??
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
Paul,

I have had countless bad experiences in Arillas which always happen at the same time...

It starts with a feeling of great sadness, then a pain in my heart and finally the tears begin to flow.  The final nail in my coffin is the taxi arriving...or Keith shoving me into the car.

I'm sure this is a very common bad experience for us regulars.  Perhaps a page dedicated to the tears and sadness of leaving...photos would also be required to support our claim of Arillas syndrome.  LOL...amongst the most dramatic images would be those of Erja, Jo and Phil........Kleenex to the ready ;-) :-)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »

Can only agree with Eileen, but 'bad' experiences......I don't have any that come to mind, except maybe that I may not have enjoyed a certain meal as much as I anticipated or waited too long between courses.

I remember once our order got mislaid at Marina on a Saturday night, but we were enjoying the Greek dancing so much that it was only when Dida apologised that we realised we had only had drinks and our starter and we had been there over an hour :)
The meal was delicious when it arrived.

We have never been angry or upset in Arillas and only had minor illness (mainly self inflicted) Lol, so maybe we have luck on our side, and long may it last.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »
Well as far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a "Bad" experience in Arillas - some experiences may not be quite as good as others, but they are still all GOOD :-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:14:47 PM »
I agree with everyone else, I never have any bad experiences in Arillas, sometimes the people that arrive are the bad vibe, but that is only because they are wrong for Arillas and expect little England abroad.. They soon disappear to Sidari and find what they are looking for, keep Arillas perfect :-)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 03:31:50 PM »
Paul you say you had been going through older topics relating to some of us who have had bad experiences or as I like to put it unfortunate experiences,

It just goes to show that these things do get reported on the forum and are there for all to see.

I’m sure that quite a lot of us have had that odd experience where we have found things not to our liking.
Most things seem to be of a minor than a major thing and are mostly remedied by our hosts if they are reported to them at the time.

Last summer we were in Graziella and ordered desert after some time and after Dot had finished hers I was still waiting for mine when I brought this to the attention of Thomas the problem was soon remedied along with drinks that were delivered to the table as way of an apology. a minor experience that was remedied within seconds.

We All know that some people would have turned this into a Major Problem and would have protested with the utmost vigour.
Do you recall the problem Dimitris had with the person who refused to pay the full bill because of an issue he had about Cats, he went to the extreme by causing the boss upset in relation to the situation that occurred.

There was the situation that first time visitor Truth had relating to a minibus return to the airport. He brought this to the attention of us all on the forum, he never ranted or raved over the matter, and things were again resolved when he brought it to the attention of the supplier of the minibus.

Do we need a section where we can post things that go wrong?
No I think not, this Forum has that section already, General Information takes care of things like that

I feel that bringing the matter to the attention of our hosts will give us all the satisfaction we will need to overcome any problem that may arise 
Arillas has a way of getting things right.   

I do have one problem though.
How do you complain about perfection.
:-) :-) :-)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »
Excellent post John...forgot about the cats complainer...the joke was on him!

Let's look at it from the reverse view.  We don't hear much from our hosts about 'bad experiences' they have with visitors - I imagine there must be many more than from the customer viewpoint.

Twice we have left businesses without paying...the Tria Adelphia and the Rainbow...oops...too much drink...good company and the owner doesn't even notice until we return the following day to pay our dues.  How tolerating and trusting they are.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »
I think everyone will have had at least one experience in Arillas where things were not to their usual high standard but I feel that this should be immediately be brought to the attention of the establishment in question. I know that this is what I do over here.  I also think that you should then give the place another chance. I think it would be a little unfair to create a topic purely for bad experiences and am not sure what good it would do except maybe make things difficult for the business? After all we all have different expectations.  Obviously for certain situations, forewarned is definitely an advantage (I think we all know who we are talking about here!!) but other issues just may come down to an 'off' night or someone having a bad day?

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »
Our bad experience was the year XL went bust. We were staying at the Irenes Villa Luxury Apartments and had no idea how we were going to get home.  The lovely Elini came to the rescue and said there would be no problem for us to extend our stay,free of charge. So where was the bad experience. They put on a rescue flight so we had to go home on the booked day. We were so disappointed.

Offline ruby

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »

The only bad experience we have as family in Arillas is when we leave and say our goodbyes, lots of tears.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
Yes John, my problem was resolved satisfactorily. In the big scheme of things it was nothing BUT it was still nice that it was all resolved in the end thanks to people on here.........
I hope you are well mate
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline dave mull

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:33 PM »
john
 i remember the cat episode me and the other half were in there that night ,sat at the next table dimitris handled the situation with a smile and an story about the cats and why they were there very polite as always
if it was me i would have picked him up and though him in the street
never a bad experience in arillas only the leaving
                 dave

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
Arillas Bay 2008, our first visit to Arillas. Moved after a week to the Akti and this year will be our 4th visit. Bad things can happen, but it didn't put us off. We got a few negs for speaking up, but for the most, the forum was very supportive. 2010 & 2012 the only downside was leaving Arillas.

Gary & Carolyn

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
...photos would also be required to support our claim of Arillas syndrome.  LOL...amongst the most dramatic images would be those of Erja, Jo and Phil........Kleenex to the ready ;-) :-)

:D indeed Eileen! As for a bad experience I have only had a mildly inconveniencing one with Heidi summer before last.

We decided to go to Effi's for lunch as everyone had raved about their prawns etc. There were people in another two tables when we got up there and they were just served food when we sat down on a table. Alas, for some reason no one came to inquire if we wanted drinks or lunch or anything.

We waited patiently with our stomachs making ungodly noises and watched people getting more of this that and the other served to them but no one approached us although they had seen that we were sitting there and Heidi had been inside to use the facilities.

Well, we just upped and left after 35 min and went on to have lunch in Portofino as we were starving. Such is life.
Life is good ;)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »
our experience was the same as yours gary, might have even been the same year, arillas bay!! our holiday was saved by aris and the boys at gratziella, that was when we realized that arillas is a special place, and like you have returned every year since then, also staying at the akti!
ger x

Booking.com