Author Topic: Natural History and birds in particular  (Read 1567 times)

Offline iluvsangeorge

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • About Agios Georgios
Natural History and birds in particular
« on: February 28, 2013, 12:49:18 PM »
As I have mentioned before on this forum I have some 'Nature' pages on my web-site for the benefit of visitors who enjoy seeing the wildlife of Corfu. Although the web-site is titled 'About Agios Georgios north', obviously much of the wildlife, flowers etc will be common to nearby areas such as Arillas and San Stefanos so I regularly ask for assistance from visitors to these areas. In the past I have received some lovely photos from forum members some of which are posted on my site.

Last year a regular visitor to AG who I have never met and whose hobby is photography arranged for me to have, via Jimmy in Pagi, a DVD which contained some of his photos.
This enabled me to recently add a new slideshow to my 'Birds' page (http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/birds.htm) with 18 photos including some not so well-known species (to UK based visitors anyway). These include Red-footed falcon; Blue Rock Thrush (taken in Pagi village); Wryneck; Collared Flycatcher; Sardinian Warbler; Sub-alpine Warbler; Bee Eater; Hoopoe and more.

I am no expert on any of the topics and very limited to annual holiday visits  so decided to ask other people to pool resources.

So can I remind anyone that they can add 'Nature Comments' to the 'Notebook' page.

Dennis

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Natural History and birds in particular
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
Dennis your website is unique in Corfu.

I regularly use it for reference and also for passing onto people interested in visiting the area.

I just want to take this opportunity to say a big THANK YOU for all the hard work you put into www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk and for showcasing different aspects to a holiday in the North West.

Eileen.x

Booking.com