Author Topic: Καλό Πάσχα  (Read 3158 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Καλό Πάσχα
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:28:27 PM »
Happy Easter to one and all. justphil and justjen wish you our best. Easter in Corfu is so speical, but there are no direct affordable flights to be there for it.

Phil

Offline katerina

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Re: Καλό Πάσχα
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 09:48:52 PM »
Easter in Greece is a bit later this year Phil, it is on May 5th......you've still got time to get there yet :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »
Ah Katerina, I know! But I will be helping teenage English boys and girls get the best grades they can. It's their lives which matter.

Jen and I already have a great life, for which we have slogged and worked for, and most of our friends will agree. Arillas has placed it into sharp focus.

love and best wishes

Phil

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
I will be helping teenage English boys and girls get the best grades they can. It's their lives which matter.

Yes Phil you are correct education is important.
It’s just a pity our well educated politicians and bankers don’t seem to have taken on board that their well educated brains have got our countries in the mess we are now in.
Although I feel it’s possibly their greed and not the educated brain that is the main cause.

Rant over,
Happy Easter

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:55:59 AM »
John, just because I can sometimes sound like a saint, I am not. And you know better than almost anyone.

I was once part of the bonus culture, getting paid an extra 25% for meeting the budget and up to 50% of my whole year's salary for very little more. I was (financially) rich then, but sat in my Working Man's Club (CIU) one Sunday afternoon and wrote my resignation letter.

Now I am relatively poor (financially) but rich beyond my wildest dreams. I struggle to afford my times in Arillas, but even when I am not there I have dreams and memories which sure me and my Jen up. The forum and Facebook help with that, but in the end I (hope we) have something more than money. We have Arillas and the real, true friends there who care for us. Jen will read this in a few days time and respond.

Phil
PS she will describe me as a silly old sod, and be perfectly accurate.

Nan

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 12:39:56 PM »
Happy Easter to all of you!

Thanks Katerina for the information about Easter and when it is in Greece this year. I had no idea that this happens sometimes.

It's interesting to discover that Easter is at a different time in Greece this year. I have done some research and found out about how this is calculated. Absolutely fascinating to be able to have one Easter here and then another in Greece!

I believe Easter Lamb is a speciality - "when isn't it?" I hear you ask!!
Also a special Easter bread with red eggs will be on the table. I might even make a Simnel cake and get all traditional myself!

All you lucky people who are booked very early season will now be able to have a second Easter on 5th May! That is a lovely time to be there. Barry and I were at the Rainbow for a week last year at the beginning of May.

Here's a link if you'd like to see how the date for Easter is calculated.

http://gogreece.about.com/od/easteringreece/a/grkeasterwhy.htm

Cheers Nan xx

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 01:53:09 PM »
PS she will describe me as a silly old sod, and be perfectly accurate.

Ha Ha, Like it Phil..... the times I have herd Jen say that to you
Love you both
Miss you both 

Offline coys

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 02:26:39 PM »
So how many of us will be there for Easter.

Barry.

Booking.com