Welcome to Arillas > Walking in Arillas and north west Corfu

Walking in March & April

(1/3) > >>

PaulnMaria:
We have taken advantage of the early flights to Corfu this year to spend a week walking in & around Arillas. It is lovely to see Corfu outside of the main holiday season - the beaches after the storms of winter, locals busy with their olive harvests and preparing their businesses in ready for the coming season. We walked to Sidari the other day and it was so strange to see the resort sleeping rather than the busy vibrant centre it is in the main season. The weather is perfect for walking, not too hot and just occassional showers. If you enjoy walking in the lake district we are sure you will enjoy walking in Corfu this time of year.

PaulnMaria:
Forgot to mention how stunning the wild flowers look this time of year too!

mickandsue:
Sounds great.
We have taken advantage of the out of season flights too. We fly out in a few days and we are looking forward to seeing Arillas out of season.
We know most places will be closed but were wondering what places are open to eat on a night.(Night Owl, Mon Amour,Akrotiri) Is the bakery open?
Any info or tips will be much appreciated.

justphil:
Ah, PaulnMaria we so understand this. Jen and I don't walk far because she can't, but for the last six years we have spent October half term in Arillas, and will probably do so again this year. It is even more gorgeous to be there at these times than in the height of the season.

You have the chance to truly enjoy the beach, the sea is warm and occasionally the weather explodes and tells you who is really in charge. But you can still have a Mythos with lovely people and chew the cud, take it easy and generally renew your relationship with life.

No wonder Jen and I see it as "the centre of our universe."

Phil

Just got the warning of your post Mick and Sue. I might be wrong, but I think all of your places will be available. In Arillas itself, try Armourada and Marvel.

Jo Wissett:
sounds sublime..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version