Author Topic: wifes 40th Birthday  (Read 3845 times)

Offline ianandang

wifes 40th Birthday
« on: April 04, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »
Hello again I am yet again asking for help off you lovely people. We arrive in Arillas for the first time on the 2nd August for two weeks.I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on something special to do I would be grateful.
 I am on a budget(spends the wife gives me) so please don't go daft. Also like the queen she has two birthday as her official one is not till the beginning of sept but will sadly be back over here.
 Thanks
    Ian

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: wifes 40th Birthday
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:40:29 PM »
Your first, visit something special to do?
If I had to offer suggestions on something special to do then there is only one thing I can suggest.
Enjoy every second of Arillas, take in its warm welcome, make friends with the locals, eat its succulent food and just let Arillas become part of you for the whole of your holiday.
Now here is the special bit, when you get back home, pop into the travel agents on your own and book your return visit. Go home tell the wife and you will have given her a fabulous special birthday gift.

Enjoy Arillas have a fantastic time

We love watching the sunset from Akrotiri on the cliff top, or Watching it whilst having a meal in Afionas (Three Brothers or Amemos, fabulous food)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
There are so many possibilities....

One idea - talk to Olga (Travel) and arrange a ferry trip to Mathraki island during the day, or even a day shopping in Corfu Town, and in the evening a lovely meal in Armourada with one of Verena's gorgeous cakes as a surprise. Then just sit together on a bench at the seafront and wallow in the peace. You'll have the moonlight, the girl and we'll leave the rest to you....

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »

If you want a beach view for an extra special meal try any on the front, Horizon, Kostas on the Beach or Thalassa have international menus which obviously include fabulous Greek food as well. Also you can watch the most spectacular sunset in the world as you eat.
They also have that little bit of 'restaurant' feel, as apposed to taverna.

All of the tavernas are great though, we have always had fabulous food in Arillas, but everyone has favourites, try them all, my favourite changes every night we are there.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 12:57:34 AM »
Ian, it you want to literally take her breath away,I would recommend Dionysos taverna in Afionas which is literally 5 minutes car journey from arillas. (You can easily arrange a taxi). The view is unbelievable.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 12:57:46 PM »
Jo I dont suppose you have pics of that view? Is it somewhere you would need to book for? Also who arranges the taxis?

Ness

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 03:08:57 PM »
Views from places mentioned. Try them All...  And lots more :-)
Akrotiri

Anemos Afionas

Three Brothers Afionas

Dionysos taverna in Afionas

Arillas Sea Front (from Horizon)

Offline ianandang

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 03:22:50 PM »
Thanks for all the fantasic suggestions for once she will be spoilt for choice we are the for 2 weeks so might try them all be a shame not to.

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 11:16:09 AM »
For something a little bit different, take the track over the headland to San Stef, with it's beautiful views along the way. Then pop in to our ceramics shop in San Stef main street, where you can purchase her a one off ceramic item, commission me to paint something for her, or even have a go yourselves to create her a unique birthday gift. Then head back to Arillas for a drink and meal in one of the many lovely tavernas, and enjoy the sunset.

Offline ianandang

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 10:03:54 PM »
Might very well take you up on that offer hippo along with all the other great suggestions.Wish we had the time and money to fit all this in.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 02:17:09 AM »
Ah Ian and Ang, nobody fits all of it in. Just say "helllo" to someone. We did, he was called Eggy, and the rest is history.

Phil

Booking.com