Author Topic: Booking for September  (Read 10847 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Booking for September
« on: April 27, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »
Hi everyone

The good news is that I may have an opportunity for a second hol in Arillas this year, sometime early in September.  Please can you all advise how late I can leave it to book this?  I would be coming out with a male friend; maybe as just friends / maybe something more and there in lies the problem.  It is a little to early to commit to booking a holiday together just yet, however we have discussed it and he would love to be introduced to Arillas.  For once I could also go independent rather than package too.  So, for all the September regulars - I need your advice please.  Additionally I have noticed that there does not seem to be online contacts for some of the accommodation so if you can add any booking contacts that would be fab too.

Cheers
Angela

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Booking for September
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »

Not been in September myself..... but just go for it Angela. I can see your trepidation in waiting though.
Try Booking.com quite a few places have their properties on there. The best way is to contact the owners if they have a phone number, there is nothing like the personal touch.

The Horizon would be a beautiful hotel to introduce a "friend" to the romance of Arillas.
Sorry couldn't resist, I love a good love story, I am just an old softie. :)

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Angela66

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 10:58:22 AM »
Hi Val - it's just soooo complicated.  It is a colleague who I have been friends with for years and we have always got along and flirted a little.  However he was in a long relatnship (13 years) and is not the 'unfaithful type'.  Added to this is have always said I would never date a work colleague and even more so not a married one! Nonetheless there was always that spark there; the one that makes you thin 'what if'.

However, recently his partner died, only a few weeks ago in fact.  I have been there as a friend for him, as I was during the few months of her illness.  Naturally we have grown closer as he has wanted to talk at length.  He has now asked me to go for some days and nights out with him etc, we also discussed holiday plans and he is aware of my attraction to Arillas - I said well we could go out there for a week in September and he is very keen to do so.

But, but, but - I am taking a very careful approach to all this - I think he is maybe moving on a little to fast for his own state of mind - or maybe I am misreading things and really just wants to be friends.  Only time will tell - and I will definately keep you all updated:). Even if it is as just friends though, I think arillas would do him the world of good as it is peace personified.

Actually Val, I checked booking.com and I can book some of the apartments with free cancellation so that is definately an option. Thanks for that.  Just the flights to ponder now.

Angela

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »

Angela, you are right to proceed with caution, but a few days away with a very good friend is maybe all that he is looking for. Men see things in black and white, so before committing to booking ask him what he expects from the holiday...OMG I am turning into an Agony Aunt!!
Seriously, though if a trip to Arillas was on the cards I would have to make sure it wasn't spoilt by a misunderstanding. Remember also that some men can't live without a good woman to organise their lives.

Val x (married 43+ years so don't know anything about such matters) ha ha

Offline Angela66

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:49:13 AM »
 Lol :)

Val, you would make a good agony aunt and it is really good just to chat about these things.  I do agree that as women we do have a tendency to over think things.  I also suspect I have too much time on my hands! 

Angela xx

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 05:23:09 PM »
Hi Angela
Flights tend to go up the longer you delay. Easyjet from Luton we paid £162 in total with luggage booked outward in october 12 and  in december 12 for return flights 15 nights for our september hol. Our daughter booked 10days ago for september 7 nights £ 246 with luggage. Todays price 290.08 same flight. Plenty of rooms available. Go for it perhaps see you there.

Al Sal & Becs

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 05:58:43 PM »
Ah Angela, I'm a well known old softie - I love a bit of romance, as Jen might confirm. Like ValnBill, Jen and I are childhood sweethearts who never "grew up" and have been married to each other for 40+ years. Faithful to the end and I will never be involved with anyone else, whatever happens. But most of my dearest friends are women. I have relationships with so many women who love me and whom I love back, but none will ever be sexual.

If I have an answer to your post, it is this. Don't have expectations, just follow your heart and see what happens. You will know what is right. It's how I try to be when I'm at home, in Arillas, or on our forum.

Phil

Offline Angela66

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Thanks for replying all of you, it's lovely that you make the time to do so:). I am just going to go with the flow I think, wait and see if he brings it up:)

Angela xx

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 08:30:50 PM »

The best thing to do Angela. I agree go with the flow is good.

BTW leave a space after your last word and your smilies will do this :) :)

Val x ;)

Offline Angela66

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:45:50 PM »
Thanks Val :)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 09:28:43 PM »
;-)

Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
Firstof all, you need to decide that you will be going come what may....whatever, you will be fine here on your own .....I am here now on my own for 2 weeks. Whatever you book will have 2beds......if things go well, he can always book a flight later and join you
If things have  not developed but he wants to come as friends....he would have no prob lems boking somewhere in September to join you, but in separate rooms.
Go fot it...you have nothing to lose.
Sandy x

Offline Angela66

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 10:53:48 PM »
That's a good idea Sandy :)

Offline Angela66

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 12:17:04 PM »
Just a quick update for everyone ;)

We are booked for the Mathraki for 2nd Sept :)

That's two Arillas visits for me now this year :)

Soooooooo happy - it will also be my first 'adult only' holiday for 22 years !!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Angela xx

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 01:24:02 PM »
thats good news angela!
we are going to be there in september too, we arrive on 6th sept, might just bump into you!!!
unless of course you will be too loved up to notice anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!
ger x

Booking.com