Author Topic: Arillas Beach 2013: some news and pictures  (Read 32546 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Arillas Beach 2013: some news and pictures
« on: April 27, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Arillas Beach 2013: some news and pictures

http://www.arillas.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=342

Arillas beach is finally coming back!!!
The great weather conditions and calm sea in addition to the right wind and currents directions, as well as a small interference to the nature have managed to bring the sand back to the shore. For the entire winter we did not have much sand on our beach. it is not unusual but it does make us wonder every time it happens.
The interference was inspired by the Arillas business association during last year’s meetings and councils, So with the help of the local council and monetization from the local business owners a small development had been taken place on the beach.
A small line of rocks were placed in the water under Kaloudis village and Marinaki area (close to where the wooden steps used to be) that is supposed to stop the current and keep more sand to the shore.
Twelve trees were planted along the beach front  in order to provide shade and decorate the beach front. I must say that our beach has had in the past the same kind of trees before the taverns and hotels were build that were cut to make space for buildings.
 Three Benches were build out of stone ( that was a private and anonymous donation)  and a ramp is now  created instead of the wooden stairs.  
A free parking area is created behind Kostas on the beach and Thalassa  and a new place for keeping the  rubbish bins out of the beach front.

I will be posting more pictures soon,
I,m sure there are more things that we have donne and we will be doing , I will be keeping you all informed!

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Beach 2013: some news and pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
Wow, looking fantastic! Very nice of you all to ensure that my private bit is beautiful once more! Haha. Seriously though, we all appreciate all the work that everyone is going to in order to make our perfect place even more perfect x

Offline MaryH

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 03:46:38 PM »
I agree with Jo the beach is looking great - and only a few weeks and I will see it for real :)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:12:01 PM »
Oooooo - 12 weeks from tomorrow and I'll be there:). Well done for doing so a great job Dimitris:)

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
Thanks again Dimitris and all.

Offline manxman

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 04:38:01 PM »
Dimitris....excellent work from the community. It will be appreciated by all this summer and us from 15-29th June.
Its good to see the temperature climbing each week!
Just been reading in the paper about Greece selling off Government owned assets all over the place including the embassy in London. Let's hope they aren't thinking of selling the road into Arillas to a private investor or we'll all have to arrive by boat!...Perhaps the community will have to extend the pier for next year!!
John

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 06:25:22 PM »
Excellent news and pictures Boss! Thankyou for keeping us all informed. See you all in July!! Yiamas x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 06:39:23 PM »
I have religious problems now. My belief in perfection (which Arillas has always been to me) rides on the idea that it can't be improved. So I was wrong. Heaven was supposed to be perfection, and now heaven is going to be even better.

I have Dimitris to blame for this. He has led Arillas into a new wave that will wash away the past and make it into the future. Arillas was always the jewel in Corfu's crown, but he has had the vision and the determination to make his hometown sparkle even brighter.

I love the changes.  And will be lucky enough to see them all in July. As I said, you can all blame the boss for making heaven even better than it used to be.

Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
Fantastic news, all these little projects make a huge differece. Some are instant and others will only take a couple of seasons to bed in. Looking good for 2013.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 07:54:05 PM »

Many thanks for the photos, the best can not be improved, so we are told, but the community of Arillas has done just that......they have improved the best place in the world.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 07:54:37 PM »
Yammas Dimitris looking as good as ever :-)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:27:57 PM »
Thank you Dimitris, the beach is looking good and the improvements will I’m sure be much appreciated.

Not going to be there till September this year, but after looking at the photos I’m starting to get excited already.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 11:17:12 PM »
The main beach is looking GOOD. You will all be impressed.
However, for me what is more impressive is that all these improvements have been made by the local community...not the council.
I feel privileged to be part of such a community....and maybe we may all want to contribute to this at some point...watch this space....
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 11:43:47 PM »
No stopping you now Sandy luvver. Our community has a whirlwind on tap now. Retired????? Go get em girl.

I SO wish I could have been there to help with the beach cleanup.

Phil

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 12:17:41 AM »
From Heather and myself, I`d also loke to add our thanks to Dimitris and friends for the improvements to the village.
  It seems you are always looking to find ways to make things better for us visitors, without going overboard.
  Things are looking good!!

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Booking.com