Author Topic: Bill and Makis appartments.(advise please)  (Read 5254 times)

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Bill and Makis appartments.(advise please)
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:34:12 PM »
Wonder if any one can give me any advise about these apartments please?
We are booked into the Mathraki in August with our two daughters.
All five of us came out last summer and fell completely under the 'the Arillas Spell' and we were never going anywhere else this summer, Arillas or nothing!...... but our son was having to work (intern in the film trade) but has now managed to re-jig things to come with us. We have a flight with EJ for him but need accomodation near us at the Mathraki and so booked this studio for him but can't find on the Arillas map or any reviews. Any info very gratfully received.

Also many thanks to all that write on here and keep my spirits up when life gets a bit tricky. Just hearing all the news and knowing that I will be there again in less than three months is enough to keep me going through the hard times. I am a real techno-phobe but this is where I can honestly say its a brilliant resource! Thanks !

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Bill and Makis appartments.(advise please)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:39 PM »
You have probably seen this link but I'll post it for anyone else who'd like to know more about these apts... http://makisbill-holiday.com/

They are located next door to the Athina bakery/cake/coffee shop....find the Athina by following this link... http://arillasmap.awardspace.com/gmap_arillas/?item=70 

The Mathraki is only just around the corner.

Not too long to wait until Arillas works it's magic on you once more.

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 11:45:59 PM »
What a wonderful accident. You couldn't get much nearer to one another! We always used to stay further up, near the road to San Stef, or at Anna's just opposite Athina. We have always called the bakery "The Cake Shop" since we first found Arillas. The apartments have had solid support but little marketing in the ten years we have been going, but they will be just as good as any of the others you could have booked, a lot further away.

We have spent many a happy hour (literally) eating ice cream, cakes and drinking Black Russians (which we had to show them how to make) in front of the bakery. Annas pool bar is opposite slightly up the hill, so many options available. A good result I reckon. Hope it works for you like it would for me.

Phil

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »
We were staying in Anna's a couple of years ago and walking back one day we passed the cake shop and I said to my wife, Look at that bow on the post, it's the same colours as your scarf. My wife said it is my scarf, the one I lost yesterday. Obviously someone had found it and very artistically tied it around one of the posts outside their shop to advertise the fact they had found it. We went in the shop for my wife to express her gratitude and the owners seemed amused that we bothered to call in and thank them for doing what anyone would do. It's little things like this that the people of Arillas do day in day out that really does restore my faith in human nature. Can't wait to be back.

Offline claire43

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 04:27:58 PM »
Thanks for speedy replies and feel much much better now to read positive comments. I should have known really that Arillas has that consistency of warmth and kindness everywhere!

Now I can sit back and wait for just a few more weeks until, as many of you say on the forum we...... 'return to our spiritual home'....

Yammas x

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
Nobody on the forum would ever say anything that they did not believe.
In fact I believe that like me it would be impossible to find anywhere in Arillas that the local people were not trying to make it enjoyable.
There again I am biased.
Oliver.

Offline claire43

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Well we are home again now,and yes our lad stayed at these apartments and had a lovely little room for himself with all he needed including shower,cooking facilities etc. There was a little terrace for him to sit in and hang his wet beach stuff.
We would have no hesitation on recommending these apartments and the owners seemed lovely too but so are 99% of Arillas folk eh?

Booking.com