Author Topic: Arillas Video with Snake on Path  (Read 12290 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Arillas Video with Snake on Path
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:46:05 AM »
Hi everyone

Last year I remember seeing a video of Arillas that included some of the trail and a snake on the path :). I have being looking for it agin in order that I can show it to my friend who is coming to Arills with me for the first time in September.  Does Nyone know the one I mean please?  If so, would you kindly provide me a link or title :)

Cheers everyone
Angela
Xxxx

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: Arillas Video with Snake on Path
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »
ang
dont remember the vid ,,but have seen plenty of snakes over the years,in and around arillas ,as im a early bird,, buzzing about on me scooter,ive seen snakes basking on the tarmac,,there suppose to be two types in corfu a green tree snake long thin non venomus,and a dark coloured one which is venomous but wont kill ya ,,so dont touch ,they usually sod off when they hear you coming ,,good luck with the vid ,yammas

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:53:48 PM »
Think it may be one of mine, will look for it. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Angela66

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
Cheers Kevin and Viv :)

I just remember it as being a particularly good video; there were other places on it o I think but obviously ( ;) ) the focus was Arillas :)

Angela
xxx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 04:42:28 PM »
Hi Angela, Just looked at our's and it was several photo,s not a video. Viv x

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Angela66

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 06:00:07 PM »
ah, thanks anyway Viv - greatly appreciated.  Not to worry though as there are lots of great videos and photos about - thats one thing Arillas is certainly not short of ;)

Angela xx

Offline Sarah1

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:50:47 PM »
Hi Angela, that sounds like the film my husband put together last year - this is the URL for it if you want to have a look :)

http://player.vimeo.com/video/44989302

Sarah

Offline iluvsangeorge

• About Agios Georgios
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 10:35:49 PM »
Sarah1, thanks for the link to your husband's video. I enjoyed it. He must be well practised at handling his camcorder as the shots are really steady.  The only snake I noticed was what I am sure was a dead Dice Snake which are non-poisonous.
The only really poisonous snake in Corfu is the Nose-horned Viper, a photo of one can be seen on this web-page http://www.agiosgeorgios.co.uk/other_wildlife.htm.  In the field if you are close enough to one to see the small 'horn' on its nose you are too close! These snakes are rather chubby in appearance and grow to about 2 ft usually but as mentioned by Kevin they usually quickly disappear when they sense people are about. However their poison is more virulent than the British Adder and can be deadly! So don't mess about trying to photograph one.
Other snakes often seen are Grass Snakes (up to about 4ft long) and the much larger but harmless Four-Lined Snake which can grow up to 6ft long with the thickness of a man's wrist see photo below.

Four-lined Snake

Offline Angela66

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »
Hi Sarah - yes that is the video - thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Such a great video!

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 12:42:25 PM »
What a great video - You certainly managed to get around the island during your stay! Thank you for posting the link.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it. Hope we get back soon, not this year as too many other things to fit in, but next year Arillas will be the priority!
Sarah

Offline Sarah1

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 11:33:43 PM »
http://player.vimeo.com/video/44989302

As the season gets into full swing and we look forward to our visit on 2/6 thought it was about time this film was reposted.
We are staying at Tria for 2 weeks.
No doubt an updated 2014 version will be posted in due course.
Sarah

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »
That was fabulous. Can't wait for the 2014 follow up. So many places worth visiting , I love that little taverna in Koloura the setting is so beautiful.

Offline Ray and Sally

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 01:09:37 PM »
Great video, especially as me and my wife Sally, our daughter and her fella and their two kids are all in it, sitting behind the dancers at the Marina. Only 70 days to go and we'll all be back there again plus six more.

Offline Chris G

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
My wife and I have been to Corfu more times than we care to remember and the only snakes we have come across (of which there have been many) are of the green variety usually about 18" to 2 ft long. we have never come across the Viper but whilst in Rhodes we did encounter a snake similar to the 4 lined snake in the photograph the one we came across was almost black in colour about 6 ft long and moving quite fast, as my wife has a fear of snakes you can imagine the state she got her self in, more so when we arrived back at our apartment only to be told that the owner had seen similar sized snakes in his garden  (we had a ground floor apartment with a terrace) doors stayed shut that night.

If anyone has a link to this video please pass it on, I will keep it to myself though or I may have a problem getting my wife to walk through the woods and grass and again.

Booking.com