Author Topic: Whats changed in Arillas this year?  (Read 11300 times)

Offline mikej

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Whats changed in Arillas this year?
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »
Now that the season is getting started and a few of us are beginning to take our regular trip back to Arillas (27th July for us) can anybody who's been report on any changes for this year,has the little gift shop next to Olgas travel reopened? has the ATM reappeared? what about the grill room next to Arillas car hire? There always seems to be something that either closes or reopens every year, Whispers for example reopened last year which was nice to see.

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Whats changed in Arillas this year?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:40:19 AM »
ATM should be working, gift shop by Olga's open, Whispers closed, and no grill room next to Arillas cars. Other than that, bars and tavernas all the same( I think!). Nice new stone benches on the sea front to watch the sun set... 

Offline HeatherE

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
The Pharmacy seems to have closed and the sign is down. There was no sign of life there last week. Shame as I know it was used last year and indeed my husband got antibiotics from the extremely helpful Pharmacist.

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:57:21 AM »
The Arillas Trail starts now at the road between Thalassa Restaurant and Kostas On The Beach Taverna.
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:34 PM »
Shame about the grill room still being closed next to Olga's it was very handy for a snack when at the Malibu and as for Whispers that didn't last long I heard it was very expensive tho

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »
The w e bcam tonight shows no streetlights along the seafront. I've seen them on at Christmas let alone May, nearly June. Is it a power cut, or is it another change?

Phil

Offline Lawty

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 12:19:55 AM »
I was there in early May and I can confirm all the lights on the front are off. I was told it was because the electric company had not been paid - don't know if that's true. I must say though it does not look good and might be quite off putting for any new visitors.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 12:58:28 AM »
Rumours inevitable lawty. Who would pay the bill is a good question. But so agree how much it would be a negative for new visitors. What the * are they thinking about? Promote Arillas and turn the lights off?? I justhope this is just a glitch. Answer please Boss.

Phil

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 01:14:28 AM »
Seems strange that there are lovely little additions to the front and the lights are off, bit off putting and surely unsafe?

Offline june

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:21:40 AM »
It's good to know what's changed. I'll now pack a torch, problem solved.
One thing I'd be interested in knowing about is the air con. In Kaloudis it has been 5 euros a night. Does anyone know if this has increased. If it's increased much I'll bring a fan. Years ago the apartments and supermarkets hired out fans but with places now having air con I don't know if they still do.

June

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:45:13 PM »
I heard the the light were put there temporary 20 odd yrs ago and it has just been discovered that the bill wasn't paid. So the lights are going to be moved the other side so just outside taverna's and each one will pay for their own lighting. It would also be better for taking photos for us as the post wouldn't get in the way. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »
June, noticed last week that fans could be hired on a sign on the bakery door, along with many other items.
As we left on Monday, Captains was preparing to open. It had been rumored that it was not opening this year but signs etc were erected on Sunday. The lights on the front (most of them!) were back on on Sunday but hardly any on the road to Rainbow, so a torch is a good call. Yammas Paul

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »
fans are hired in the supermarket next to the bakery,at about e1.50 a day plus deposit of about e20,,,hany when some studio,s have no air-con ,,xx yammas

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 12:43:49 AM »
You could hire me as a fan. - For a few ouzos a day I would follow you around and ask for your autograph continuously.

Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »
I hired Neil last week and he was vary good ! Lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com