Welcome to Arillas > Walking in Arillas and north west Corfu

Sunday walk on the Arillas Trail : 2nd June 2013

(1/4) > >>

dimitris:

On Sunday 2nd of June.
Our Cultural club is Celebrating the 2nd year of our Arillas Trail.

We start off at 10:00 in the morning from Arillas Beach at the new starting point which is between Thalassa restaurant and Kostas On the beach Taverna, on a 8.5 km hike (3.5 km for children and beginners). The (long) hike takes about 2 hours and ends at the Corfu Microbrewery, where you can taste grilled souvlakia and our local Corfu Beer, freshly brewed.
The money from this event will be invested in the maintenance, mapping and extension of the trail.

Organised by the Arillas Cultural Club.

Below you can try and play with what I did with my new GPS Device.
 I think Terry W will come up with some ideas too!!

Download GPX  file for your GPS device
Download KLM  file to view on  Google Earth

Visit our trail at everytrail.com

Share our anouncement here: http://www.arillas.com/walks

justphil:
Have a wonderful day Dimitris. Will hope to see some "Pictures of the day" on forum.

30 years ago, Jen and I could easily walk 8.5km. We often did 20km or more on a day off work. Now 8.5 metres to our glass of breakfast is enough....

Phil

Eileen:
What a great way to spend a morning...I'm upset that I won't be there.

Have a good day.  As Phil has said, we'd like to see some photos.xxx

Sandy x:
Wish I was going to be there....

TerryW:

--- Quote --- I think Terry W will come up with some ideas too!!

Download GPX  file for your GPS device
Download KLM  file to view on  Google Earth
--- End quote ---

Too True Dimitris. Everytrail is now on my Android phone, along with the Arillas Route. Many more photos could be taken along the route and added to the Everytrail route. I have a cheap Head Cam that I would love to use to film the whole route.

It also looks good in Google earth. I just hope its not too hot to walk in July, but if it is, that may be an excuse for a visit late September :-).

I am looking forward to a lot more, similar,  routes around Arillas, which would help to get even more visitors.

As usual, you are doing a grand job Dimitris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version