Author Topic: Sunday walk on the Arillas Trail : 2nd June 2013  (Read 31979 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
Sunday walk on the Arillas Trail : 2nd June 2013
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:02:11 AM »

On Sunday 2nd of June.
Our Cultural club is Celebrating the 2nd year of our Arillas Trail.

We start off at 10:00 in the morning from Arillas Beach at the new starting point which is between Thalassa restaurant and Kostas On the beach Taverna, on a 8.5 km hike (3.5 km for children and beginners). The (long) hike takes about 2 hours and ends at the Corfu Microbrewery, where you can taste grilled souvlakia and our local Corfu Beer, freshly brewed.
The money from this event will be invested in the maintenance, mapping and extension of the trail.

Organised by the Arillas Cultural Club.

Below you can try and play with what I did with my new GPS Device.
 I think Terry W will come up with some ideas too!!

Download GPX  file for your GPS device
Download KLM  file to view on  Google Earth

Visit our trail at everytrail.com

Share our anouncement here: http://www.arillas.com/walks

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Sunday walk on the Arillas Trail : 2nd June 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »
Have a wonderful day Dimitris. Will hope to see some "Pictures of the day" on forum.

30 years ago, Jen and I could easily walk 8.5km. We often did 20km or more on a day off work. Now 8.5 metres to our glass of breakfast is enough....

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 01:10:02 AM »
What a great way to spend a morning...I'm upset that I won't be there.

Have a good day.  As Phil has said, we'd like to see some photos.xxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
Wish I was going to be there....
Sandy x

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:19:33 PM »
I think Terry W will come up with some ideas too!!

Download GPX  file for your GPS device
Download KLM  file to view on  Google Earth

Too True Dimitris. Everytrail is now on my Android phone, along with the Arillas Route. Many more photos could be taken along the route and added to the Everytrail route. I have a cheap Head Cam that I would love to use to film the whole route.

It also looks good in Google earth. I just hope its not too hot to walk in July, but if it is, that may be an excuse for a visit late September :-).

I am looking forward to a lot more, similar,  routes around Arillas, which would help to get even more visitors.

As usual, you are doing a grand job Dimitris.

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
My wife and I walked the trail last year.Even though I wasnt at my best physically we took our time and had plenty of water with us.
It was absolutely spectacular and just a joy to see parts of the area previously unknown to us.
Will definitely be doing it again this year and if I can make it many more of you I am sure  could give it a try.
Any new walks that become available so much the better.
Oliver.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
I had a play at Lunchtime today. I think I will be using this a lot in Arillas, thanks to Dimitris :-)

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=2153604&code=fc2d62ef204782f97d2aed00d855f586

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:23 PM »
Phill im sure that you can do far more [walking ] than you say and are really quite fit being 60 isn't old nowadays unless you have been unfortunate with illness or injury in your life which I hope you have not [or is the pull of the nut more stronger than the inclination to walk]

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Jackson m8, I could still do it easily, but without Jen. That is the point - I would rather do nothing with her, than anything else without her. No matter who asks me I will say "no." We have built a very simple life (the lowest common denominator to mathematicians) but it is ours and it is who we are. We still bounce off each other (intelectually of course, before this gets smutty) and still love and laugh together. As for bouncing, I'll leave it to your imagination. I couldn't possibly comment.....

I am very fit for 60, compared to many of my peers who have either popped or who are losing their clogs. I put it down to the highs that Arillas has given me over the last ten years. It is better than drugs, and more addictive. It should be available on the NHS.

Phil

Offline jackson

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »
Fair Point and as far as saying arillas is a drug as I have been coming every year since 1997 I couldn't agree more and I look forward to my next return in aug

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 01:11:49 AM »
Goodonyer jackson. And many thanks for caring enough to post about us. Let's face it though, we all do our own Arillas, and that is all that matters in the end. Our very best wishes to you

PhilnJen

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 01:54:49 PM »
Wish we could be with you to do it, enjoyed using your GPS while walking it. Seems ages ago not just over 2 weeks. Had to laugh when you found the bit where we were going faster then the other bits .wink wink. Viv & Pete xx

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 09:26:25 PM »
Thanks phill i'm bringing some of my family [who have not been before] with us this year as I have not stopped ranting to them about it my niece's husband is recovering from a heart attack and has had a pacemaker put in so I insisted the best place to recover was the place where we all hold so special and where we all have so many friends [or should I say family] as that is what they have become after all these years please give my best wishes to you'r wife jen and may'be I can say hello to you in the flesh one day best wishes to you both

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • Forum Fanatic
  • 尚 尚 尚 尚 尚
    • www.arillas.com
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »
The "Arillas Trail" event which was cancelled due to bad weather last week will take place on next Sunday the 9th June.!

Everyone is welcome to join!!

xxx

http://www.arillas.com/walks
Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7
Arillas 49081
Corfu Greece
+30 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
Brouklis Taverna
The 10 things you don't know about Arillas

Offline june

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »
Hi

Unfortunately we won't be there til the following week so can't go on the organised walk.
My husband likes walking. I prefer a sunbed and a kindle. Is the walk too isolated to go on his own or should it be in a group. He would have plenty of water and a mobile.

June

Booking.com