Author Topic: ATM  (Read 60675 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: ATM
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 03:55:44 PM »
NOT a good rate at all :-(
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline willis

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
I use a pre-loaded euro card at the Horizon, just like cash. If you are a regular there I'm sure they would do cash back. I would send them a message on the website to check.

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 04:15:54 PM »
I have a Halifax Clarity credit card, I have used it abroad in other places and they give a good rate of exchange with NO commission.  The catch is that it starts to accrue interest from the day you take the money out but it usually seems to work out better than most.  I usually take travellers cheques as well!

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 04:37:14 PM »
We usually take a mix of Euros and sterling with us and put it in the safe but last year were caught out when staying at the Akti - they have free safes advertised but in all the 2 weeks we were there none were available - they were all in use - so we were left with hiding stuff in the room and locking stuff in our cases - not ideal.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »
Daisy, its worth noting that Arillas Cars, accross from the Akti also have safes in their office that you can rent.

Offline Ron and Sue

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »
When unable to get a vacant safety box at the Akti we have used the boxes at Arillas Car Hire as Jo suggests.They charge 1 euro a day.Better than hiding money in the room.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 07:16:20 PM »
Thanks Ron and Sue and Jo - I didn't realise we could rent out safety boxes anywhere else.  This year we are booked at Bardis Sun Studios so hopefully we'll get a safe there but if not.... I know where to go now!  Many thanks!

Offline Steve & Lou

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 06:39:32 PM »
Works fine. Just got back and had no probs at all :-))

Offline NickBoardman

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »
Thanks Ron and Sue and Jo - I didn't realise we could rent out safety boxes anywhere else.  This year we are booked at Bardis Sun Studios so hopefully we'll get a safe there but if not.... I know where to go now!  Many thanks!

Hi We stay at Bardis Studios and they have deposit boxes in a room next to the bar, it is very secure. We didn't use them last visit but previously I think it was about 5 Euro.

Offline daisyday

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 09:30:45 PM »
thanks very much Nick.

Offline cath1066

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2013, 12:28:25 AM »
The exchange rate from the ATM will be whatever the exchange rate is used by your bank on the day of withdrawal, which is generally better than the rates you get elsewhere.  I always used to use the old ATM until it was taken away so for the last few years I have changed up my money into Euros here in the UK and kept them all safe in the safety deposit boxes at Arillas cars.  Now that there is an ATM again I will draw my money at the ATM but bring over some Euros for emergency in case the ATM is out of order.  I also have a Halifax Clarity card so in case of emergency can pay for meals etc with that.

Offline kevandelke

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »
I had an idea yesterday. Using a halifax credit card that has no charges except instant interest on cash withdrawell. Top it up with a comfortable credit and then draw cash. No interest as your account is in credit. Just hope the atm is ok in arillas. Presume the exchange rate charged is dictated by the bank which is currently 1.165

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
I used the ATM today. Perfect working order. But like the Greeks, too many questions!! It took me quite a while to answer them all. By the end I thought I'd better propose marriage to the machine.....

she wouldn't love me any more if she read my bank statement!

Phil

Offline HH

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
Hello to kevanelka.
Absolutely nothing to do with ATM!  Saw your message and wondered if you're be back at Anna's this year?
If you are there the same time as us it will give me the chance to tease you about your early morning hikes ....
We're back with Anna in late August/early Sept.

Offline kevandelke

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »
Yes, arrive 30 aug (evening) for 14 days.  Whose HH. Sorry me and elke are struggling.

Booking.com