Author Topic: ATM  (Read 60678 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: ATM
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »
Ag. Stef. ATM is well known for running out of euros, very quickly. Have you bought your cheque book and bank card with you as, I think, local agents will turn one of those into euros for you.

Failing that and depending where you are staying, see if the apt/Hotel owner will run you to Sidari or the ATM in Avliotes and try your card there.

I don't know, perhaps others will, but can you get an account balance on the ATM's here??  If so, and you find a working ATM, and you can get a balance, that might tell you if any cash was "lost" on the Arillas ATM.

Very difficult - Good luck
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2013, 11:16:08 AM »
What a nightmare! Bad enough when that happens over here, never mind over there. If you ring your bank they will be able to tell you if the cash left your account immediately. It may be a case of your card being blocked because you are abroad? We took a credit card as a back-up in case this happened.

Offline Martin_G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »
I was advised by the bank (Lloyds) to let them know when and where I would be when abroad, just so they can ensure the transactions are not blocked for security. I duly told them but never used the ATM.

I always take plenty of Euro's, cheque book and bank card.

Martin

Offline kevandelke

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
Not to worried now, it looks like the ATM was out of cash, but advised to wait until tomorros to try again as the ATM might swallow my card. Backup but more expensive option at the raedy ie debit card. Interestingly, paid 100 euros to my host and it came out straight away at a rate af 1.168. Not bad if it works

Booking.com