Author Topic: Transfer times  (Read 22512 times)

Anonymous

Transfer times
« on: May 09, 2004, 01:18:13 PM »
Hi Everyone

We off to Arillas for the 1st time in 5 weeks time, I've been reading about it now for almost a year and can't wait to go!

We are staying at the Anna Studios which sound great (apart from the hill!) however I'm concerned about stories I've heard about transfer times. We are wondering whether to pick up a hire care at the airport, but is this wise considering we don't know the area, etc?

Thanks in advance

Elaine

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 02:07:19 PM »
Hi Elaine,It did take us 3 hours last year,maybe it depends on which travel company you,ve booked with.Our rep on the coach was actually staying in Arillas so it made sence for it to be the last drop off.A lot of people do seem to hire a taxi or car.Theres eight of us traveling this year and we're hoping for a free tour of a beautiful CORFU.Have a great holiday.cx

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Transfer times
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 02:11:41 PM »
:D Hi Elaine,Sorry it was me i forgot to log-in again,and forgot to say how ever long it takes its well worth the wait(I PROMISE THAT)cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 02:15:53 PM »
Thanks for your reply, Carol.

I must admit I thought of it as a chance to see some of the island, other resorts etc, but the other half is moaning, too long after the hanging around at the airport, lenght of flight etc!!! I think it's probably more to do with the fact that he wants to get in the bar quicker and experience the greek hospitality!!

Elaine

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:16:09 PM »
hi
well it took us about 3 hours but we were that excited we didnt care.
just make sure you go to the loo first hehe
sue 8)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 02:18:52 PM »
sorry forgot to log in.
that was me before.
it was straight forward in the airport also.
really organised
sue 8)

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 06:54:18 PM »
Hi, although we get taxis now from the airport or Spiro picks us up we have experienced the coach transfer.  The first time we went it only took 1hr 15mins as we were the first to be dropped off.  It was through the day and the scenery was beautiful.  The next time we went it was late at night and the journey took 3 hours.  As we were tired and you couldn't see anything it did put us off BUT once you get to Arillas it doesn't matter how long it took to get there, your in paradise.  :lol:

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline NORM&SANDY

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
transfer
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 07:57:16 PM »
hi elaine
We suggest that you get a taxi if you haven,t driven to arillas before as the roads can be a little scary especially if you land at night in the dark.
have a good hol,dont forget the photo for Dimitri,s album.
norm & sandy

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
transfer
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2004, 08:10:13 PM »
Hi Elaine
As we are usually with Norm & Sandy , we usually get a car @ airport supplied by Anna where you are staying, which they either meet us or drop it off for collection, and as Norm says if your coming in daytime its alright and nice to see the surrounding area, but if its night time get a Taxi, which is about 40 euros.
ther are alot of comments on this on forum, under transfer journeys etc.

regards
             Paul/Deb5

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2004, 08:14:17 PM »
Elaine

p.s. you can tell the other half that the taxi takes about 35mins , not long to wait for a drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul/Deb5

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 10:15:41 PM »
we were there from 7th to 14th may this year. each transfer was 1 1/4 hours. the bus drivers earn there money! i reccomend you take the transfers.  there is a serice bus at 0700 hrs to the city for 2.80 euro. a grear ride.
regards from campbeltown S.W. scotland.

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 10:33:04 PM »
Hi,Ive heard about the bus to corfu town early morning but i didnt know there was a return bus.what time does that get back.thanks in advance.

viv

Transfer times
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2004, 02:44:14 PM »
Hi Guest from Campbletown, you don't happen to know Julie Sloane and her boys Sean & Michael Middleton from High Street do you? This is thier Granny here. If you do send me an e-mail. Completly forgot,when we arrive it will be early morning so we are going to have a sight seeing trip on the coach. Cheers Viv

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2004, 09:23:12 PM »
i know that the transfers are sometimes long (3hrs) but i think that the coach after is part of the fun because you are so excited as you have just arrived in corfu and you cant wait to get to arillas and see all your friends. :lol:  :lol:

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2004, 09:53:55 PM »
Hello,
 we have just arrived home and the transfer time was 2 hrs from the airport to Arillas and from Arillas to the airport about 1 1/2 hrs only 2 other pickups though
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com