Author Topic: Transfer times  (Read 22509 times)

Anonymous

Transfer times
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2004, 11:19:31 PM »
Hope you had a good time Harold.
2 hours sounds a long time for transfer.  Did you visit other resorts en route?

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
TRANSFERS
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 03:07:16 PM »
NIGHTMARE 3 HOURS! IM GOING TO TAKE A TAXI THIS YEAR WHICH I AM ADVISED COSTS APPROX 40-50 EUROS AND SHOULD TAKE LESS THAN AN HOUR!

HAVE A LOVELY TIME.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 05:05:59 PM »
hello guest,
yes we called at sadari and achravi,both just a single pick up.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Transfer times
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2004, 07:35:43 PM »
Hi,I dont care how long it takes, :D as soon as the taxi picks us up at home thats it our holiday has started. 8) cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2004, 09:43:35 PM »
Hi Carol
I would take a taxi if i was you , you'll be there in 45mins, unpacked and in the bar having your 1st ouzo or whatever!!!!! before the bus gets there!
I'm all packed and waiting to go, we are going to Birmingham airport tomorrow [Sunday] & stopping over for early start Monday.
signing off until after the hols...........................................
speak soon.

regards
     Paul/Deb5

vickyp26

transfers
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 09:29:37 PM »
Hi everyone,

the transfer time depends on which tour operator  you are with, eg thomson takes approx 1 hour, libra- olympic  approx 2 hours as its a smaller company and does two or more resorts.

Maggie1

Transfer times
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2004, 10:25:49 PM »
Does anyone know if five people will get in a taxi, or will the max be four?
  Maggie.

Marie Gibbon

Transfer times
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2004, 11:28:30 PM »
hi maggie,
i dont know but i think it would be better if you maybe had 2 taxi because you will have your luggage as well but i should also think that it is the same as in the UK 4max. :D  have a nice holiday!
when do you go again??
love marie xxxx

vickyp26

transfers
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2004, 09:50:37 PM »
Hi Maggie

Taxis will omy take 4 people, but if you send an email to arkokal travel (their email is on the map of arillas) they do transfers by mini bus. Not sure on costs though

Vicky

Maggie1

Transfer times
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 11:13:27 PM »
Thanks Marie + vicki I suppose we'll just get two taxis. We might check with the rep how long the bus will take first. Thats how the scots get a reputation for being mean! lol. We go on June 21st. Thanks again, Maggie.

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Transfer times
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2004, 12:15:31 PM »
:D It took us 1 hour on the coach but only because we were lucky that everyone was heading for Arillas.Unfortunately most people we have spoken to have sufferered the 3 hour transfer this seems to be the most common transfer time,so we were very lucky. :wink:
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Online Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Transfer time
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2004, 02:44:02 PM »
I think i might have been very lucky on all my visits to Arillas with the transfer time never being longer than one & half hours this was at night with two drop offs one of which was a wait for the mini bus to transfer people to Ag Georgios.  This year 24/09/04 at 11am, 1 hour 20mins with three drops including the same mini bus transfer. I did check with the bus driver (no transfer rep on board) as after reading this site i was concerned, his timing was spot on, the return 01/10/04 was by mini bus at 9am straight to the airport 55mins.  :D
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »
This Sept/Oct we travelled again with Lybra,transfer time was around 2 hours each way.The return trip was quiet nice we went away we have never been before after picking up in San Stefano
Harold,

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Transfer times
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2004, 04:34:59 PM »
When we got to Corfu Airport last Monday for our flight home,there were People there who had booked there holiday with Golden Sun the firm that went bust.These people had been told that they would be on our flight to Bristol.This did not happen as the flight was full.I felt really bad for these people they had been hanging around the Airport since 10:00am with no guarantee of getting a flight.I do not know wether they did get a flight as we took of at 13:15,but there was no other flights to Bristol that day.After seeing these poor people 2 1/2 to 3 hours transfer does not seem a lont to put up with.
Harold,

Offline JennyD

Transfer nightmare.
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2004, 05:21:08 PM »
We had an awful transfer on Friday 8th October from Arilas tothe airport. It started off okay but about 1 hr in to the journey there was this horrendous noise and someone realised that some cases had fallen out of the back of the coach. Some peoples cases were totally ruined. We then got over this trauma and then we were in Corfu Town when the driver went over something in the road and there was a another teribel noise and the driver stopped and he found that the suspension had gone on the coach which meant another coach had to be sent out to rescue us. The people on the Newcastle flight were left with only a few minutes to get their flight .  Still we made it home in one piece.
Jenny

Booking.com