Author Topic: Hire Car advice  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Hire Car advice
« on: June 10, 2013, 12:52:40 AM »
whilst in Arillas we very rarely venture out and about but when we did hire a car one year we greatly enjoyed it, even though my three boys moaned and groaned and hated every single (whining!!) second! This year we are blessed to be there for 16 nights and the lads are older so dont necessarily have to come everywhere with us. I really want to go to Durrells house and have Coffee in the Liston (or er..wine).  Anyhow, the very long winded point I am making is...I know Terry and others have arranged to hire a car from Theo and then follow him from the airport.  what I wanted to know, instead of chucking around 180 euro for a return minibus, could we perhaps be cheeky to rent a car for the journey then for the return and have it another day or so at our choosing? and do you reckon we could be even cheekier and (seeing as we are following him anyway) chuck a couple of cases in his?? just worth an ask I thought.  Now there's a challenge for you! ;)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
Re: Hire Car advice
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
Jo, Theo will do that, but you have to consider the luggage. If there are four of us, Theo has had to bring some cases for us. Or, we have had to have a larger car which is more expensive. Just give Theo a ring and and ask him. He will do his best to help you.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Jo, you have to hire the car for a week to get the pick up from the airport. As Terry says, Theo has helped with suitcases at times.
Sandy x

Offline claire43

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
Would be really handy to know approximate cost of the weeks hire if possible.

I have thought of doing that too but didn't want to feel hassled to use car cos we had hired it if you see what I mean!

Saying that I would like to visit Paleo and some of the other places I have read about on the forum.....but I also want to spend as much time as possible in Arillas!  Problems problems...good ones for a change!

Offline b.dunkerley

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
Marion and myself have hired a car from the Airport, for 2 weeks.
Pick it up from Avis and cost is £223.
Sorted it out from websites in the UK.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »
Hi there,

Just got back from 3 glorious weeks in Arillas

We wanted to get from the airport to Arillas but also call into Lidl en-route to stock up on enough beer and wine for 3 weeks lol so we hired a car from http://www.corfuexplorecarhire.com/ for 1 day only at a cost of 45 euro's.

They met us with our name on a card at arrivals and collected the car from Bardis Hotel in Arillas the next day. This allowed us to drive the scenic route to Arillas at our own pace, go shopping and have the car for the night to travel a bit further out for a meal - goal!

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »
That's a good deal Bella - cheaper than a taxi plus you get to do your shopping on the way to Arillas :-)
Must say, I've been using  corfuexplorecarhire for years now, and Valantis has always been very very helpful.
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »
Nice work !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com