Author Topic: Direct Bookings  (Read 9325 times)

Offline Rebecca

Direct Bookings
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
Would like to do an independent booking to one of the apartment complexes in Arillas. They have availability where we wish to stay, but thought they would send me their bank and/or account number details where I could pay my deposit into, as a money transfer through my own bank into theirs, as have done in the past to other destinations.  They have asked for my credit card number and last three digits from the security number back of card.  Am a bit nervous of doing this - for obvious reasons.  Has anyone else done this safely, and is this the normal "done" thing.

I fully appreciate they need the deposit to secure my booking but still feel uneasy about supplying this information without using a money transfer or something like.

Thanks for the advice.

Offline NickBoardman

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Direct Bookings
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:11:42 AM »
Hi Rebecca,
I paid that way last year and got charged £70 by Halifax, so this year I have arranged to pay on arrival. I used the booking of my flights as proof I was going to Corfu and booked airport transfer through the apartments.

So though the system seems secure enough make sure it isn't going to cost an arm and a leg!
Nick

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: Direct Bookings
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:28 PM »
I booked my deposit with Mirage that way for this year.  I did it wth a debit card and wasnt charged any extra. 

Booking.com