Author Topic: Re: Anaxos  (Read 2768 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Anaxos
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

Have heard you mention Anaxos often Karl.....where do you stay?
We have been there, lovely place and it reminds me of Arillas.

I remember that was also a place I defended when people said negative things about it.
Is the little snack bar still there near the Anaxos Gardens hotel.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:19:04 PM »
Morning !
Yes Val it is , its called The Taste :-) . Real nice food and the owners are lovely. We have stayed in 5 places there , Parthenon (back of Omega restaurant on the main road) , Michelles (by Billys cars , we stay there when we go independant) , Plaza Palace, Haris Studios and Harris Hotel. As you say it is similar to Arillas BUT I just like the fact that Arillas is that little bit busier and there are a few more kids about , which is good for us.
Where have you stayed ther?
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 01:58:20 PM »
We have only been twice, stayed at Hotel Anaxos, which is where the Taste snack bar is and yes....they are a lovely couple, and Anaxos Gardens which has a great pool, and is just a short walk to the front. Bills' sister has also stayed at the Haris Studios.
It's a nice resort with a good beach......but my heart is in Arillas.

Val x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 05:18:13 PM »
I have to admit (and yes people on here said it would happen ! lol) that my Greek allegiance has shifted some what to Arillas from Anaxos and I almost feel quite guilty about it, as do the rest of my family ......
Its also quite a bit cheaper to get to/stay in Arillas than Anaxos although the prices in resort are similar.
You like your Aussie links then as both Anaxos Hotel and Anaxos Gardens are run by Greek Australians aren't they ?

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:59:34 PM »

Yes both great families. Years ago we we used to go to Kos town, each time we went the families were Aussies, and no we didn't know before we booked :)

Val x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:09 AM »
There are many Greek Australians around the islands. A lot of Greek families went to Aus and then came back.
I hope they are all a bit miserable today , it will mean we have had a good day against them in the cricket ! lol

Booking.com