Author Topic: Thompsons. Please read.  (Read 47254 times)

Offline Barry

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Thompsons. Please read.
« on: July 12, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »
Hi all. Having been to Arillas before both my wife and i fell in love with the place so as a special holiday booked with Thompsons for 21 nights at the Kaloudis arriving 19 July. Christine has just celebrated her 50th and it's our first wedding anniversary on the 20th. It was booked April 2012 and paid in full. Rang Thompsons yesterdayto see why we've not received our tickets only to be told that the holiday has never been booked. You can imagine how we felt. Chris was in tears. We were on our way out for a meal as well so that news gave us both indigestion.
Now the good news.After trawling the internet til the early hours we've managed to find a room at the Marvel Hotel. Rang up and Spoke to Kostas who said he could accomodate us.
The woman from Thompsons has managed to get us on a flight at a reduced price (the least they could do) and will be seeking further compensation on our return.
Regards Barry and Christine.

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Thompsons. Please read.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

What an awful thing to happen, and at such a special time.

How can they say it has never been booked? Did you book through an independent travel agent or Thomsons?
Your payments must be somewhere, if you payed in full who has received the money.

You are in possession of the receipt so sue them, I would also go to the national press.
See how they like that sort of publicity.

To give you a reduction on your flights is an insult, the least they could do would be to fly you to Corfu free.

I hope you both have a wonderful holiday at the Marvel, but on your return take this matter the all the way.... and also make Thomsons pay for your rebooked holiday.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline nicmccluskey

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »
Barry, how awful  for you and your wife!!!! I don't know if you've stayed at the Marvel before, but I have had many years ( 12 in fact!) happy memories at that hotel!! Kostas and Spiros are excellent hosts and will ensure you have a memorable time there! I am there whilst you both are -tho' not actually staying there- but you will see me and my husband at the pool most days!!

I hope this will be a bit of a 'siver lining' to your black cloud!!
Nicola

Offline Barry

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:36 PM »
The holiday was booked through Thompsons own shop. Don't worry, all hell will break loose on our return. The most important thing is that we are going to Arillas for three weeks so are going to enjoy ourselves and sort it on our return.

Barry and Christine

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »
barry
kostas,will make sure you have a great holiday ..prime location ,great food and drink,and a fab pool ,,enjoy ,yiammas,

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
i hope youve got all your receipts, and it should have the name of the person who booked it at the top of the letter. like was said before, the money has to be somewhere??? i worked for thomson for a while, and at the end of the day if the money was out by ANY amount we had to stay till it was found!!! what a nightmare, i sincerely hope you are going to give them hell when you get home.
have a fab time which i know you will
ger x

Offline Barry

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »
We have all the reciepts. There's no argument about the money, thats going to be put back into my account. 

Barry and Christine

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »
I'm thinking next years holiday should be on the house
at the least.
Dig in the heels and make them cough up, you will need some beer and spend tokens then there's the hire car

thinking the message is clear
Good luck, make them pay.

Offline june

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 01:26:51 PM »
Hi
just wondered if barry has had a response from Thomsons yet about what happened.
Hope you had a wonerful holiday in spite of what happened.

june

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 03:15:25 PM »
We bumped into them on holiday and they said they were having a lovely time and they loved the Marvel. I really hope they get some form of compensation for this. It must have been horrendous for them at the time.
Barry if you see this we are the couple on the bus to Corfu town and hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday. xVanessa and Txim

Offline Barry

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »
Hi all. Just a quick update. We filled in an online complaint form on their website 3 weeks ago but had no response so wrote a letter last wednesday and are still waiting for them to get in touch. Will post a full holiday report once compensation has been sorted.

Regards Barry and Chris

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 07:08:42 PM »
Hi complained once to Thomsons - using an online complaint form - and it was WEEKS before they got back to me, and they basically said "tough", although put a little more politely...

Hope you get this sorted, Barry - keep on at them!!

Janis x

Offline GaryS

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:19 PM »
Online complaints to these multi-nationals is a long shot. Written is the best, but as part of ABTA they just have to acknowledge receipt of your letter within 28 days. Had the same run-around with Thomas Cook and it took about 12 months to get anywhere, with me writing about 12 letters. Don't ever give up though, it will pay off in the end.

Gary

Offline emeralddragons

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
When you have a serious complaint to make, emails are ok, as long as you remember this: Never address your email to one person only.
If you write to only one employee, he or she can use the delete button, and nobody is the wiser.
Instead you should write to as many employees as possible, listing them individually as recipients in the same email message. Always remember to include persons on the top of the firm's hierarchy! Sales persons, marketing and pr, bosses at every level...
Then the delete button will be out of the question, and somebody will be given the task of answering your query.
Good luck! Emeralddragons

Offline Barry

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
As we've not even had an aknowledgement of our complaint Chris rang the shop where we originally booked to see what was going on. They said it will be up to 28 days before any reply but would chase it up and ring back. When she did she offered £75 travel voucher and 10% off any future Thomson holiday. (As if we're ever going with them again). Needless to say it was rejected but can't go any further until we receive it in writing. Will keep you all updated.

Barry and Chris

Booking.com