Author Topic: Ceramic Painting comes to Arillas!  (Read 5689 times)

Offline hippopotandmouse

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Ceramic Painting comes to Arillas!
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
Starting Wed 17th July from 3-6pm, at Sharons Pool Bar! Ever fancied having a go at painting your own ceramic mug, bowl or plate? Or maybe a cute animal figurine? Come along and see us and have a go. If you don't fancy painting, we will have a selection of our hand painted items for sale, or you can order something to be painted for you by us, in your own design, and colour scheme. And of course Sharon will have drinks and snacks for sale for you to enjoy whilst you're there. If you would like to find out more about us (Arilliacs who fell so much in love with the place we moved here!), or what we do, check out our facebook page, www.facebook.com/hippopots, or a previous thread on general chat posted by your friend and ours, Eggy.  Hope to see you soon.   

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Ceramic Painting comes to Arillas!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:35:02 PM »
We'll be there! All best wishes for a huge success!

Phil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

Please, please tell me this will be regular thing, we couldn't get over to San Steph when we visited in May, but we will be back 26thAug. Hope to see you then.
It would be lovely if you did this once a week.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline hippopotandmouse

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
Val, all being well, this will be a weekly event. As long as we get some people come along we'll be there!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 05:55:25 PM »
This will be a good time for all to get together. Put me down for it.
Wishing you both a successful start to what, many hope will be, a regular thing.
Negg

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »
Is this just on Wednesdays?

shame for me if it is because i'll be arriving late on a Wednesday, and as i am only in Arillas for a week, i'll be travelling back the following Wednesday afternoon! :(

I love ceramic painting - just a couple of months ago, i bought myself a load of paints and mugs etc so that i had something to keep me occupied during my quiet nights at work.
It's so therapeutic.

I usually buy myself a mug when i visit places, would have been great to be able to paint my own whilst there.

Rachel x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »

Just visit the shop in San  Steph, it's a lovely walk and not very far, look at the resort map in on the home page.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline hippopotandmouse

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »
Hi Rachel, yes just walk over the headland to San Stef, and come and see us in our shop! We are open every day from 11am til late, so you can come anytime. You would just need to paint by Sunday, so we can glaze and fire your item. The good news is we go through Arillas every day so can drop it off at your accommodation so you don't have to walk back to collect if you don't want to. Hope to see you during your hols!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 11:39:27 PM »
Oh that's great news! I'll be taking a walk over to San Stefanos on my first day there. Have booked a couple of trips for the weekend with Cerys at San Stef Travel so was popping over to pay & collect tickets. Now i can come see you too! :-)
I have so many things planned, i think i'll need at least a month there! haha

Rachel x

Offline hippopotandmouse

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
We look forward to meeting you! We are on the main road to Avliotes, but if you ask Cerys, she'll give you directions I'm sure. See you soon.

Offline hippopotandmouse

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:08 PM »
Just to let you know that we have finished our regular Wednesday afternoon painting at Sharon's bar for 2013. However, if anyone is coming in the next month and would like to have a go, just let Sharon know, and we'll arrange to come over. We will be back again next year, and also, don't forget you can also visit our shop in nearby San Stef, where you can purchase one of our hand painted items, paint your own, or ask us to paint something for you. We will be open for another month, then back again next year. Thank you to those who we met this year, and hope to meet you and more again in 2014!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
Well done you coupla Hippos you!

Good fun at Sharons especially watching Phil trying to work out which end of the brush had the bristles on it, - But I think he did well, in the end.
Negg

Booking.com