Author Topic: Whispers  (Read 8998 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Whispers
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »
You Arilliacs, by now, know me well enough that, living here I never put a preference over one place to another.

But... I have to say that I had a really good long conversation with Yiannis, from Whispers, late afternoon and this guy impresses me.
His words, not mine:-
"Whispers is open, not in competition with bars as Coconut and Malibu bit to give customers a choice of what they want for their evening" - " You want widescreen TV? then visit those who have it, and will look after you very well "
He has a great respect for those places around him so the music is more of a background easy feel type of thing, He appreciates the feelings of the businesses around him, and I like that , very much.
About 10 days ago, I drove past Whispers, roughly 12:30 ish and was amazed that I could heart the buzz of customer chat over the music. It was a super blend. Wegg & I could have cheerfully been there and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Right now , he seems to have got it right. I wish him and Whispers a super August and hope, very much, he will get that traditional live Greek music back.
Another extra choice here for the Arillas customer.
Cheers
Negg

Offline jackson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Whispers
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:11 PM »
Sounds good that neil allways liked whispers years ago and was sorry when it closed but it is good to have an alternative when you just want to sit and chat in a more relaxed atmosphere. roll on aug 2nd when I intend to try out all my favourite places and now whispers as well

Offline Franpol

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
good news about whispers .its never been open when we have been in arillas.this will be our 8th visit.stayin in mathraki appartments will be arrivin on monday.can;t wait.love readin all the post.wat a great forum this is. fran.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »
I think that we all have to support these new businesses so I will make a point of visiting Whispers in August .

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 01:13:53 AM »
Our Eggy is rarely wrong about matters Arilliac, and certainly isn't this time. Like many, we loved the Whispers of 2002 and before. A more sophisticated option than the others can only add value to the Arillas offering. Not competition.

Having another place on our list will add to our woes about never having enough time to see everybody, but we are going to make a point of supporting them. We hope many of our friends do the same.

Phil

Offline Franpol

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
lookin through the reviews could someone tell me where is the nut.and also effies.seems to me these are popular places.thanks fran.

Offline westhampete

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
Effies restaurant is at the north end of the beach road next door to the Marinaki, for the nut (Coconut bar) turn of the beach road at the Marina and the Nut AND Malibu bars are about 50 yards along on the right hand side. Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
Oh thats Effies !  I have been meaning to ask for a while :-) . Its the one that the path runs up the side of and looks very traditional Greek ?  We almost popped in there this year and never did but we did say kalimera to the lady that was watering down .....
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Dai

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:32 PM »
You missed out there Truth. Everyone who knows me on here knows I'm a big fan of Efi's and therefore am biased but I had a meal there last night with some friends who had never ate there before - they said it was the best meal they'd had in Arillas. Also suggested Efi's to people in adjacent apartment and they've been every day since either for a meal or a snack/drink.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 08:04:40 PM »
Yes you must visit Efi's, top food and service, just love to have a long chilled out meal there.

Sharon x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36:35 PM »
Karl, you missed a treat not calling into Effies.
On my to Eat list again for September.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:54 PM »
Damn ! I will have to go back to Arillas next year now to try it !  Lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 02:10:15 AM »
secret Whispers?

We had a brilliant nostalgic time chilling in there tonight. PhilnJen ignored many friends (who would have loved the atmosphere) to be there tonight. Nearly empty, but now available to us all.

It is not competition for the Nut, but somewhere for all of those who walk past both Coconut and Malibu and want somewhere to chill and natter rather than rush home. It will add another important layer to our Arillas.

Please try it.
Phil

Booking.com