Author Topic: Textiles on the North end??  (Read 7264 times)

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
Textiles on the North end??
« on: July 24, 2013, 08:38:06 PM »
Not sure if this has been covered before (or uncovered!!).
  Many people like to take a walk along the whole length of Arillas bay. So, they are bound to come across naked bodies along the way.
  I guess some will be surprised, unless they`ve had advance information about the beach.  Back in 2004, we didn't know about the nude bathing and, yes, we had a shock. The next day, however, we made our way to north end and haven`t looked back - we loved it.
  Point is, what do all you north end users think about people just wandering up for a walk? After all, there`s nothing to say they can`t.
  I think we feel there are definitely some who just come to gawp and not have the balls to disrobe themselves. We couldn`t care less but at what point does inquisitiveness become leering and intrusive??
  Have to say, that people who visit the naturist section are some of the nicest people we have met and, yes, conversations are easy to start up.
   Be interesting to see what others think about `textiles` on the northend.   What would you do, if anything, if a family, gang of boys or girls, pitched up and did not strip off entirely? Would you feel pressured to leave. A couple of years ago, a motor boat pulled up the beach with a family, to pitch camp. Right in the middle of northend. They set up a bbq and stayed for some time - but they did not strip off completely. It didn`t bother us and it was they who were in the minority.
  Anyway, just a new topic to restart The Beach forum.

Yammas,Paul[/i]
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Re: Textiles on the North end??
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 09:01:12 PM »
Paul there would be absolutely no problem whatsoever with people covering up at the North beach. We are there every morning and see a complete mixture. Indeed there are some groups who sunbathe together and some are clothed and some naked. It is (by the way) blissful this year. No wading whatsoever.

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
Thanks for the info on the beach this year.  Luckily, it`s been good most years.  2005 was a bit disappointing, if memory serves me. But if north is bad, then the south is good.
                             Paul

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:40:17 AM »
So if we go naked on the North end ,people wearing clothes should not come up there?????No its a free ish world so if they want to walk along the beach and come across us law breakers thats fine i have no problem with it.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Crawsue

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 08:00:32 PM »
I don't see it as an issue, anyone who wanders along without realising will either scarper off or join in...or not....whatever! Anyone who goes naked does so fully realising that there will be people who like to "ogle"...so what? I am concerned with the article on the homepage from a UK visitor who says that naturists are encroaching on the main beach area....but she has not been specific enough in her interpretation of "main beach".IMHO Arillas has more than enough beach for everyone to use as they want...without causing offence...although I am delighted to hear that the North end has easy access this year...but we all know that can change overnight. See you all in September!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 04:57:17 AM »
I have never been on holiday anywhere before where there have been nudist beaches, or at least i haven't be aware of any!
So now knowing of the south & north areas of Arillas beach.. does this mean i shouldn't take off my top when sunbathing inbetween the two?
I have always done this when in Greece and noone has ever said anything to me or looked at me as if i shouldn't. Many others around me have done the same.
Maybe it's different depending on the area?
In a couple of weeks time, i had just intended on strolling down to the beach, hop on a sunbed, whip my top off & relax... & wouldn't have given it a second thought.. :-/

So after reading all these posts, i thought i'd better check before doing that - I don't want to be getting a telling off from anyone!! :-o

Rachel x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 09:40:07 AM »
No one seems to be offended by topless ladies, sunbathing, on any part of the beach.
I have never heard of anyone complaining.

Negg

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
Hi, Rachel.  As Neil has said, there shouldn`t be a problem.  Arillas is such a laid back resort, nobody will bother you.
 When we first went back in 2004, we weren`t aware of the north and south ends. Came across the north by accident, while having a stroll.  So  we talked about whether we were brave enough to try it out. Called each other`s bluff and went down there the next day - after the initial hesitancy, have to say, we enjoyed it.
  We`ve met so many good people on that part of the beach, over  the years - maybe give it a try, you may be hooked?
  Enjoy your time in Arillas.

Paul

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:16:46 AM »
Rachel, as Eggy and Paul say, there is nothing to worry about if all you are removing is your top. In most European resorts these days topless ladies are not even given a second glance, in fact on many beaches ladies with bikini tops ON are the odd ones out. So pick your sunbed and relax!
The North and South ends of the beach are the areas where naturists tend to go - these areas are both quite secluded as they are not overlooked by any of the tavernas/restaurants/hotels etc in the main part of the resort, and the cliffs are high enough to protect sunbathers from being inadvertantly viewed from above. This is why, although technically illegal in Greece, sunbathers who wish to remove all their clothes are tolerated. That's not to say that you have to remove all your clothes if you wish to visit either end of the beach - it is not obligatory!!   :-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »
Thanks Negg, Paul & Geoff..

Great, well that's that covered then.. or maybe not, we'll see! haha

Rachel x

Booking.com