Author Topic: Arillas to Paelo..  (Read 9118 times)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Arillas to Paelo..
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »
Just wondering if anyone could advise me..

When i'm in Arillas, i'd like to visit Paelo for the day - what's my best/quickest option to get there?

I'm not a driver, so hiring a car isn't an option. I did for a few minutes consider walking, untill i looked on google maps and saw how far away it was! lol. (obvious Arillas newbie! haha)

I also enquired about a water taxi, which would be €70 for up to 5 people - but as i'm travelling alone, that would work out to be rather an expensive day trip if there wasn't any others to share it with!

I know once i'm in Arillas, i can find this out from one of the travel shops, but i'm one of those people who likes to have a good idea of what's what before i arrive! ..and as i only have a week, i want to pack in as much in as possible!

So any suggestions/info on this would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thank you,

Rachel x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
Re: Arillas to Paelo..
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 10:53:11 PM »
Could try a trip down there, Try Olgas Opposite Akit Pool,  or Arillas Travel opposite the Coconut. They usually call into the kumquat distillery on the way down there. Enough time to see the Monastery take a boat round the caves and do a little shopping. 

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »
Thanks,
I had in mind just a straight trip there as i would like to go on the glass bottom boat over to the aquarium.
That's been at the top of my list since booking this holiday, so i'm eagar to do that first of all. I was then planning to just have a wonder round Paelo and decide from there.
Maybe i should stop planning everything and just take it as it happens! lol

Rachel x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
Arillas is a take it as it happens place.
Don't make plans, it wont happen, just go with the flow
we never make plans we just let it all unwind.
We know we might do it next time and if not the time after
You will be in Arillas she will take you in her arms and you will just love her. there's no rush there's always next time
you must have been warned..... YOU WILL BE BACK

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:26:31 PM »
Don't believe him Rachel, , , , , , ,  second thoughts . . . . . . BELIEVE !  Lol
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 11:27:30 PM »
Yes, i have no doubt that i'll be back next year!
...99% certain :-)

I already have a day cruise booked for the Saturday and horse trekking in Kassiopi on the Sunday, so i thought i'd fill Friday or Monday with my Paelo trip then just relax on the other days.
I've always been a planner, it's just me, can't help it lol

Rachel x

Offline PMC

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »
Hi Rachel
Who did you book your horseriding with?

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 01:55:32 AM »
I booked both trips through Cerys at San Stefanos Travel

Rachel x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 09:40:48 AM »
Hi Rachel,
I see you took my advice on the horse riding on Tripadvisor the? You will have a lovely day there. The journey there and back is pleasant too
Truth
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:16:08 PM »
We booked our horseriding trek through Olgas Travel - very reasonable - and we did some time along the sea and then had a break for a drink and then about an hour through the olive groves - we had a great time.   Think the riding stables were at Roda (poor memory!).

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 01:50:01 PM »
Yes i did Truth. I wasn't going to venture that far at first due to being on my own, but then i thought 'what the heck, that's what i'm here for!'

Hi Daisy, I'm really looking forward to it. Haven't ridden a horse since being a child, so it should be rather fun to start with! lol
I read somewhere about covering your legs?.. i hadn't planned on taking any trousers with me seen as though its going to be so hot! It's not going to be a problem is it?

Rachel x

Offline daisyday

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 02:01:59 PM »
Hi Rachel - I'm actually called Caroline - I just used the name Daisyday as it was my username on other sites!

I actually brought some three quarter length (cropped trousers) for the horseriding just to protect your legs from chaffing.  Beware - wear something loose - a couple of young girls wore really tight trousers and it can be difficult to "get your leg over" in them!  One of them split her trousers getting on the horse!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.  We've done the excursion twice and my husband wants to do it again this year but I have a problem with my back and don't want to risk it again!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
Apologies Caroline, i'm still looking out for people's names, i manage to remember who a few people are then a few more pop up! lol

Yeah, I'm sure i can dig something suitable out.. split-proof of course! - It's just my luck it would happen to me! lol

Just wondering.. have you been on the Paxos & Anti Paxos trip? It looks gorgeous! Can't decide whether to squeeze it in this trip or save it for next year?!
I already have 3 full days booked up with things.. should really leave myself a bit of tanning time! haha

Rachel x

Offline BlueHeather

• Dizzy Blonde Cat Woman
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
Rachael we did Paxos and Parga trip a couple of years ago - well worth doing - both beautiful!
Women are like angels....   And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly......usually on a broomstick.
We're flexible like that   ;-)

Offline daisyday

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 03:42:52 PM »
I would LOVE to do this trip but having heard of the reports I don't think I could do it - I just haven't got sealegs - and thankfully my husband doesn't either - because he too would love to do the trip.

You sure are packing it in in Arillas Rachel - do give yourself some chill time/walk time too - we feel SOOO relaxed in Arillas - it is just perfect for lazy lunches, long morning walks etc. etc.  I do hope you love it as much as we do.

Booking.com