Author Topic: Arillas to Paelo..  (Read 9096 times)

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas to Paelo..
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »

Hi Rachel, did Paxos and Anti Paxos a few years ago.....also a boat BBQ....don't know if they still do the BBQ as an all in trip now though.

We loved it, the crew on the boat were such fun, the swimming was great and for those who couldn't swim they had life jackets so they could just float. All those who tried it thought it was brilliant. We spoke to one lady who had only ever paddled in the sea, she loved it.
We had lunch on the harbour at Paxos then on to Anti Paxos and the BBQ on the way home, altogether a wonderful day.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 09:15:31 PM »
Yeah i'll be doing plenty of walking too. I'll definitely be walking to the Akrotiri Cafe, the views from up there look amazing! I'm just imagining sitting up there for an hour or so having breakfast and drinking iced coffee! Aahh.. :-)

Must stop now, i'm driving myself mad!! lol

Rachel x

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »
Have done horse riding in Roda - what a pleasant couple of hours or so -think we might do it again this year.

Also did Parga/ Paxos.  Loved both places but the length of the boat journey back was long, to say the least. But I`m glad we did it.

Few years back, did the Capture Corfu trip, which was excellent - Over to Kanoni, Achillion Palace, finishing up in Paleo. Monastry was well worth a visit. Then up to see some fabulous views in Lakones.
  Old Perithia and a trip up Pantokrator are not to be missed.

If you can fit all that into a week, you`re a better person than me!!!  lol   Took us a few years to do all that!

Paul[/i]
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »
Sorry Val, i missed your post on my last reply. We must have posted around the same time!

I'm a pretty decent swimmer, so that part i always look forward to. A lot wouldn't do it last year because you could see pretty big fish and some joked that previous people had be been bitten, i still took the risk. If i'd have been bitten, it would have made a great holiday story! haha

The boat bbq sounds great too. I went on a similar day trip a  couple  of years ago when in Kos, we visited Kefalos, it was so lovely, i made Kefalos last years holiday.

Since booking Arillas, i've seen so many trips that look fantastic. Shame i won't be able to fit it all in in this trip!
Oh well.. there's always next year :-)

Rachel x

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »
Hi Paul,

I'd quite happily wonder off all day, every day to do all those things. I love being out, seeing everything that places have to  offer, but as this years holiday is only for a week, i would feel a little guilty about leaving Arillas to spend all my time elsewhere.
I want to spend time in Arillas too and appreciate what's there.So i'll just have to be patient, make do with my 3 busy days visiting other places, and spend the rest of my time in Arillas

Rachel x

Booking.com