Author Topic: Akrotiri Cafe..  (Read 12786 times)

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
Re: Akrotiri Cafe..
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
Rachel,
You might want to take a look at this topic :-
http://www.arillas.com/forum/index.php/topic,2310.0.html
Loads of photos on there that will help give you a feel.
And have you found the "Virtual" tour of Arillas yet? Walk your way through this and when you get there you will feel like you have been before!
http://arillas.corfu360.net/
:-)
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline billb

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
Rachel just make sure your camera is charged up,just like i did'nt lol, but it gave me an excuse to go up again.Its a lovely place

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 01:31:15 AM »
I'll certainly make sure i take a walk that way Tony, it sounds lovely -  i'll have to look at the link tomorrow from my own computer because this silly one i'm using at work right now won't let me!

Friday for you.. lucky! I won't be far behind.. maybe i'll see you next week! :-)

Hi Caroline, yeah.. i read those reviews and thought 'Mmm free croissants :D' lol
I like looking round those little churches, they make good pictures too, i made some postcards out of last years!

Thanks Geoff, Yeah i have, looked at it a couple of months ago lol along with a zillion youtube videos, i feel like i know my way around already - lets hope i remember and don't get lost! lol

Bill.. charged up? - i have a spare sd card and 2 extra batteries for my camera and an extra battery for my phone too so can fit lots of photo's on there as well!  <obsessed! lol

Rachel x

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
Haha Rachel, you certainly sound like you are "good to go"!  I didn't have any postcards done but did present my husband with an Arillas calendar at Christmas (homemade one ordered through Photobox) - we don't tend to bother much with presents at Christmas - just token gifts (as we share money and buy what we like if we want something and can afford it!) and he was thrilled with it so thinking of doing the same again this year.  Gives him something to look forward to!

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »
....... i have a spare sd card and 2 extra batteries for my camera and an extra battery for my phone too so can fit lots of photo's on there as well!  <obsessed! lol

I know what you mean Rachel - I have recently restarted my love for photography and updated my old film camera for a new "digital" one, so I wouldn't say you were *obsessed* about photography, but it does sound like you take it very seriously. One thing is for sure, you will need all those extras! Arillas is a great location for someone who is into photography as much as you clearly are, there are so many good photo opportunities and as for the sunsets - well a different one every night but always stunning! Try to get over to Afionas for at least one of them, the view there across Arillas Bay at sunset (or at any time) is really stunning.
This is how it looks in the daytime in spring :-

Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
A calender is a good idea Caroline, might have to make myself one of those! Made one before using photos of family pets but never with holiday pics.. great idea! :-)

Geoff that view is amazing! Can't imagine actually being stood up there seeing if for myself!
I used to just take a disposable camera away with me a few years ago, just for a few snaps - don't know how i ever thought that was enough! lol - I take pictures of everything now!
I'll be taking 3 cameras this year, my digital one, a disposable one.. i like to buy a handcrafted photo album that you can find in the gift  shops, which i then fill with those photos as a little keepsake kind of thing. Then i have an underwater water camera.. all i'm missing now is a polaroid lol

Rachel x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »
You will probably find us in the Malibu Rachel chilling after a days walking and swimming and lazing on the beach  :-)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
Just to whet your appetite Rachel best viewed full screen http://arillas.corfu360.net/

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2013, 10:25:58 PM »
Stop it Tony, just because you'll be there tomorrow and i won't! lol

(will view it when i get to work later, links on here won't load on my phone)

Rachel x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
Tony have a great time xx

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2013, 10:44:09 PM »
Cheers Jo i might just sit on the Marinaki swing and take in the views :-)
 lol

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
Lol

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 11:17:25 PM »
Akrotiri is just a place. The reason it is so special is Nikos, who has learned his craft from Dimitris at Brouklis. Nikos has invested his life in Akrotiri, which he has turned into one of the most successful businesses in Arillas. I am so happy for him.

Akrotiri could be Cypriot or Cretan, but this one belongs to San Stefanos and Arillas. In the heavens, the highest point you can see for miles around, it has beome the mustn't miss when you visit Arillas or St Stefanos. The other night he had a "storm" of people.

Two years ago it was Nikos' secret project. Now it is one of Magoulades top attractions. Recognise it councillors - support him.

Loveandhugs from PhilJen Nikos.  

Booking.com