Author Topic: Reserved Seats?  (Read 9387 times)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Reserved Seats?
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:27:56 AM »
My flights are with easy jet this year - just wondered, are we allocated set seat numbers?

I'm sure i read or heard something recently that seats aren't reserved on easy jet flights and that you just quickly dive for a seat once you're allowed to board! lol - is this true?

What's also disappointing about this flight is that there's no in-flight meal!! tut! Looks like i better have a decent breakfast in the airport if i'm going to make it to Corfu alive! lol

Rachel xp.s also.. are we allowed to take any food or drink off the plane once we arrive in Corfu?

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Reserved Seats?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:47:04 AM »
In the past when we have used easyjet I'm sure it was unreserved seating. Rhis year however we were allocated numbers and I didn't pay any extra? Makes you wonder why anyone would bother paying for speedy boarding. And no there are no restrictions as to what you take off the plane.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:55:04 AM »
Thanks Jo :-)

I best park my bum right infront of the doors for boarding then if i'm not to find myself squeezed in the middle of anywhere i'd prefer not to be! lol
I would like my usual window seat!!.. fingers crossed!

I'll be arriving in the airport way earlier than i need to be as well  (as usual!) but maybe it may come in handy this year!

Rachel x

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
I think we paid £3 each way extra for reserving our seats with Easyjet this year....well worth it for us as I have to have an aisle seat or I get really claustrophobic!  My husband likes a window seat .... we have had fun over the last 30 years but I've given up compromising and sitting in the middle - now book my aisle seat - especially for 10-11 hour flights that we do in March/April time.

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »
Rachel,
Yes, easyJet now have 100% allocated seating :-
http://support.easyjet.com/faq/en/request.do?view()=c{ac8ddea0-ced9-11e2-ef6e-000000000000}
plus you can also "Check-In" on line :-
http://support.easyjet.com/faq/en/request.do?view()=c{c5aca520-ced8-11e2-ef6e-000000000000}
This means that if you have hold luggage you just take it to the bag drop desk at the airport, and if you have cabin luggage only you can go straight to security.
As far as the seating is concerned you can pre-book your seat on-line for £3, or £12 for the extra legroom seats. So this would guarantee you your window seat. If you do not pre-book then you will be allocated a seat number at check-in, whether that is done on-line or at the airport. So there is no more mad rush at the gate!
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
Thanks,

I may just have to book myself a window seat then.. hope they haven't all been reserved! Probably should have done it before now! lol

Geoff, you say hold luggage or cabin.. i have both? I'm not restricted to just one lot am i? I have a small case and just a regular hand luggage bag, use the same every year

Rachel x

Rachel

Offline daisyday

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »

Got this email from Easyjet a while back (if that is who you are flying with).

On today's busy flights, overhead locker space on board our aircraft is limited, which means we're not always able to fit everyone's cabin bag on board and some bigger bags have to be put in the hold. So to make things fair for all our customers, we're introducing a CABIN BAG GUARANTEE on all flights from the 2 July 2013 onwards.

You can bring ONE piece of cabin baggage and if it is no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels, we guarantee it will always travel with you in the cabin, either in the overhead locker, or if necessary, under the seat in front of you.

You can continue to bring ONE slightly bigger cabin bag, free of charge, up to the current maximum size of 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels, but on some busy flights this may have to go into the hold.

Remember to check your cabin bag dimensions

Offline AJC51

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »
Rachel on the last six Easyjet flights we have been on they have sold bacon rolls with a coffee or tea and they were full of bacon prices were reasonable + a complementary Twix as part of a meal deal.

Al & Sal

Offline daisyday

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
Thanks Al and Sal - sounds like I won't starve then!

I certainly won't do WHEN I get to Arillas :-)!!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
Thanks Caroline,

I think i should be okay then because my hand luggage bag isn't that big. Fits in that sizing thing easy, even when full.

Al & Sal, Bacon roll & a twix Mmmm.. might spoil my holiday diet though! haha.
I'll be in the airport in good time so i'll probably be having breakfast & lunch there, then maybe a few nibbles on the plane if i still have room! :-)

Rachel x

Offline daisyday

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
Hi Rachel - I think that some of the airlines have been hotting up on hand luggage, i.e. some won't let you have a handbag AND carry on luggage.  My husband usually has the carry on bag with cover ups in (in case we get cold in flight) and my neck pillow plus any magazines we buy at the airport and then I carry a largish handbag (which I use on holiday) with all the passports, money, tickets etc. in.  It also helps not to have too much hand luggage once you get into the airport.... mind you, that's probably how I'm so close to my 20 KG each year!  I know quite a lot of people now that carry loads of stuff in their carry on luggage such as shoes etc.  We like to feel "free and easy" once through security!

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 02:20:48 AM »
Caroline,

My handbag is my hand luggage, i don't carry anything else with me.
All my clothing items, shoes etc are always packed in the suitcase.
My hand luggage items usually consist of things i'll need on the plane - My little clear bag of liquids so i can freshen up before landing, books/mags, make-up bag, travel documents.
Not very full on the way there but it's a different story on the way back! lol

Rachel x

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 09:09:47 AM »
What are the rules now about make up/Liquids in hand luggage.
Negg

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »
They better be the flippin same as last year!! lol

100ml bottles/tubs or less - never had to put my make-up through seperately though, then again it's not really liquid so i guess they're not fussed about lipsticks & stuff.
I don't take much on the plane with me really, tooth paste, perfume, wipes etc.. need a bit of something to stop me from scaring people when i get off the plane lol

Rachel x

Offline Martin_G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
Negg,

Taking liquids through security:

There are restrictions on the amount of liquids you can take in your hand luggage. If possible, pack liquids in your hold baggage (luggage that you check in).

If you do take liquids in your hand luggage then:

- containers must hold no more than 100ml
 - containers should be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and  measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
 - contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
 - the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
 - it is limited to 1 plastic bag per person
 - you must show the bag at the airport security point
 - Liquid in containers larger than 100ml (except those for medical purposes, special dietary requirements or baby food) can’t go through security even if the container is only part full.

Liquids include:

- all drinks, including water, soup and syrups
 - cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lipsticks
 - sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
 - pastes, including toothpaste
 - gels, including hair and shower gel
 - contact lens solution
 - any other solutions and items of similar consistency

Airport security staff won’t let through anything they consider dangerous - even if it’s normally allowed in hand luggage

Ref:
https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/overview

Hope that helps..

Martin

Booking.com