Author Topic: Euro Sale  (Read 15434 times)

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Euro Sale
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »
Has anyone ever bought Euros during a "Sale"?

I had this email today and Travelex are having a "Euro Sale" this coming Friday (9th) between 11.00am and 1.00pm

Travelex 2-hour FLASH currency sale
Boost airport rates on euros, dollars & others | Got more time? Find how to get PERMANENT unbeatable rates
If you're due to head off for some sun, TravelMoneyMax will find the very best rates wherever you go. Including...

Leaving soon? Travelex 2-hr flash sales. The boon here is a strong rate at the airport if you PRE-ORDER (rates are hideous if not). Past sales have been strong, but to help, we update TravelMoneyMax during sale hours so you can compare. For all bureaux de change, pay by debit card - not credit card - to avoid extra fees.
SALES TIMES: US $ & others (except €uros): Thu 8th 11am-1pm. €uros only: Fri 9th 11am-1pm.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Re: Euro Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »
I've never bought any during a sale because typically, i always see these things after i already have my euros.
The White Rose Center in Leeds held one last year, i assume it was worth it because the place was packed. From what i can remember, info was similar to your email, they had it on a board outside.

Rachel x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »
id still check rates at other places to make sure the deal is good .x

Offline Martin_G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:56:23 PM »
I've never seen a currency sale before? I wonder how there sale rates match up to the best of the rest..

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »
Fairfx is 1.135 at the moment , if you can get better than that I would jump in and buy. Got mine Tuesday for Tenerife tomorrow for two weeks. It's not Arillas but its a nice break !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Steph ~

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
I've not bought in a sale but know friends who have (dollars and Euros) and the Martin Lewis site often issues alerts about currency sales. I suppose it's just about checking the rate and any special conditions or delivery costs - it's only a sale if it's cheaper than the normal rates elsewhere! :D

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »
Well, that was a waste of time...... I have just checked the rates :-(

I compared with the current values on http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/euros/delivery/weeks/1000-pounds-worth#results

Here is the Travelex "sale"

Here are the results  from Money Saving Expert

I think I will check the "Normal - Non Sale" rate on Travelex after the sale ends at 2.00pm

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
The local Thomson Holidays (Dover) has what they call "Happy Hour" from 12-2pm(?) if you buy during that time the rate is higher...
I was unable to get to town in time so phoned Tesco (3mins away) who price matched at 1.146 on 26/7 with no commission :)
worth a few phone calls for those of us who like to keep things local...

Now all spent on a very relaxing 9 nights in "Heaven" :)
Happy holidays...
Yvonne
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
I think I will wait a few more days as it is going up again

Booking.com