Author Topic: Bardis Hotel now on 'booking.com'.  (Read 13042 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Bardis Hotel now on 'booking.com'.
« on: August 10, 2013, 06:50:19 PM »
As you all probably know, I use the Bardis Hotel regularly May and September/October, and love everything about it. I'm there again on September 27th.-October 11th this year.
I frequently get p.m's asking me for Dorita's contact details, so here for future reference are the details....

New booking site..   booking.com

Direct link to Bardis Hotel on this site....    www.booking.com/0bd72c5fd6b3ea

Hotel phone/fax 0030-26630-52050.

Home/after 18.30 local time.. 0030-26630-51039.

email...  info@bardis-hotel.com

web....   www.bardis-hotel.com

Useful service... First Number. Dial 0844-972-9700 first, listen to the message, then when prompted dial one of the above numbers in full, calls then only cost 2p/minute!

Hope this information is useful,
All the best,

Martin.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Bardis Hotel now on 'booking.com'.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 07:07:05 PM »
Martin,

Very useful information to have to hand to be able to pass on.

Sorry, I know this has been explained at least 100 times, but please tell me again as I tend to get the Bardis Sun and the Bardis Hotel mixed up.

Which one is it that's that's at least a couple of stories high and on the bend in the road?

Eileen

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
Hi Eileen,
The Bardis Sun Hotel is the large one 'on the bend', three stories,cream walls, balconies facing the grounds and very large pool on the bend behind the 'pillared' wall. The studios are just before it. Loads of people get confused, Bardis is like Jones here in Wales, same surname but no relation. They were once both under Thomsons 'Small and Friendly' brochure, but both went 'independent' years ago because of the small payments being received from Thomson.
Hope that helps,
Martin.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »
Hi Eileen,

The Bardis Sun Studio's come first when walking up from the beach - two stories high and white - The Bardis Hotel is next door - 3 stories high and painted yellow with the bigger pool which you walk all the way around when following the road towards Vavilas, Tria etc

Bella

* oops sorry, that post crossed in cyber space lol

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »
Thanks Martin and Bella,  Ive got it now and it's fixed in my brain :-)

You'd think I'd be able to place the name after all the years of having a good old  'neb' in when walking past (what I now know to be the Bardis Hotel).

One day I'll stop by and call in at the two bars...for research purposes of course ;-)

Doesn't it go to show that there's always something new to do in Arillas.

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 08:17:14 PM »
One day I'll stop by and call in at the two bars...for research purposes of course wink

Doesn't it go to show that there's always something new to do in Arillas.

You must have researched a lot of places Eileen

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 08:36:15 PM »
Eileen,

the Bardis Hotel bar closes when the pool closes at 6pm.

However, the bar at Bardis Sun Studio's stays open basically until the last person has left lol and is always full of happy holiday makers having fun. It's a good place to spend the night relaxing with a drink or 10 if you don't want to sit listening to the Coconut and Malibu competing with their volume controls!!! Poppy, Spiros, Bobby and George are the perfect hosts and you really do feel that you are a family member!

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
Ha ha John, like Dot and yourself there's not many I haven't imbibed in :-)

Bella, now that's interesting, most times I pass it's early or late season when the Bardis Hotel is closed up.  When I pass during the summer I always think it's such a shame the bar is never open - now I know why...I'm always too damn late!

Must admit for late night drinks us McIntyres are part of the 'nut' family of regulars, but next visit will make the effort to meet up with the Bardis Sun Studios hosts.

Sorry Martin for this going slightly off topic, but at least we have cleared up which Bardis is what, and why the B.Hotel bar is closed.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 06:05:02 AM »
It's all part of the Bardis Hotel charm, the bar has always been there to serve hotel guests and passers-by using the pool and grounds. It opens at 08.00hrs for breakfast, and snacks and drinks until 18.00hrs. daily when the pool closes. I've been going there since 1999, firstly with my wife Ann, and then after I lost her in 2004, I kept up my visits as Dorita and Aris have been wonderful hosts and friends. The hotel is quiet and relaxed and there is no noise or disturbances at night from the bar, as Bella has rightly stated, the Studios next door have been known to open until 03.00hrs. Poppy, Spiros, George, Bobby and Katerina are also very good friends and hosts, and they are only a 'stones throw' away, next door. I call in on the way back from having my evening meal most nights. Gratsella is owned by Costas and Angeliki, Aris' brother and sister in law, and their sons Thomas, Spiros and Vasali are the waiters. Aris and Costas have a large sea going fishing boat and catch the fresh fish for the tables of Gratsella and elsewhere.
The Bardis Hotel is generally open earlier and closes much later in the season than the Studios, this year I'm there again for two weeks, 27th. September-11th. October, my first visit this year was 6th. May for 17 days. For me it's good, as there is no 'singles supplement', it's cheaper than the Studios and breakfast is included.
The Hotel has 18 good sized twin bed rooms, and three family rooms which have a twin bedroom and a single room to which cots can be added for children. All have a good sized 'fridge and tea making facilities.

Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:53 AM »
Eileen meluvver, do you remember bumping into us one night with Jen sat on the wall just "round the bend?" We were on our way back to Bardis Sun Studios, the first gate you get to, followed by their drive, then Dorita and Aris' Bardis Sun Hotel is next. Both are very popular and highly rated, but completely separate businesses. Poppy's bar stays open till the last guest wants to retire, but it is not noisy. We always stay in the room next to the bar, but they put newer guests at the far end in case it bothers them.

Phil

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 11:18:14 AM »
I remember it well Phil.  It was last July or perhaps August, what a lot of noise we made didn't we?! It was such surprise rounding the bend and chancing upon you lovely people :-)  It was an early finish to your 'Arillas round' that evening but no doubt you enjoyed another few hours hospitality with your friends at the Bardis Sun.

Only five minutes previous to meeting you Liam had been chased by a yappy little dog...it's funny now when we look back and talk about how Liam took off like Roadrunner, but not so funny at the time! xxx

Booking.com