Author Topic: Weather  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Martin

Weather
« on: November 09, 2005, 01:56:05 AM »
Just booked to go to Arillas, having visited many other Greek Islands but never to Corfu can anyone give me some infomation, i.e what temperature will it be in mid-july, is Arillas cheaper or more expensive than other Greeks resorts and are there any good bars and tavernas. I would greatly appreciate any relavent information.

Offline Aly

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Weather
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 02:47:39 PM »
Well if this July is anything to go by IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FLIPPIN HOT HOT HOT, topping over 100 one day I was there. Fab yes, unbearable yes.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 09:41:33 PM »
Hello Martin,

As Aly says it can be very hot, although not unbearably so as in for instance Rhodes or Kos.

There are only a couple of bars in Arillas, each having it's own diehard fans.  If you like footie you will find it on the big screens, both bars have loud music in the evening and usually the latest film showing in the afternoon if thats your thing.  For a resort of it's size Arillas has more than it's fair share of tavernas and restaurants just perfect if chilling out is more your thing! :D   Even folks who return year after year never manage to get around them all, but it's good fun trying. :wink:

Personally I have found eating out in Corfu to be very reasonably priced compared to other Greek destinations, but even more so in Arillas.  Most eateries offering decent Corfiot food as opposed to 'English Breakfast/Sunday Roast' type resorts. :shock:

If you like walking there are plenty of walks in and around Arillas. Slightly further afield it is a pleasant walk over the cliffs to San Stephanos. (No sly peeking down at the nudist end of the beach! :roll: ) If you feel like a more strenuous walk then take off in the other direction up to Afionas with it's fantastic views to Arillas in the North or Ag.Georgios to the South.  (depending on which bar you decide to cool off in of course!)

Whereabouts are you staying in Arillas?

Eileen

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 07:12:04 PM »
:roll:
Well even the Arillas locals thought it unbearable, its gotta be hot (and it was).

Offline Martin

Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 05:12:31 PM »
We are staying at the Marvel Hotel we didnt know too much about either the resort or the hotel (we only booked it because our hotel in Naama Bay, Egypt was damaged in the recenmt terrists attack) Does anyone know how long the Thomas Cook transfer coach take to reach the resort cause ive read about half dozen differing reports. Thanks for the info by tyhe way.

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 05:42:57 PM »
circa 3 hours (ish)

Booking.com