Author Topic: 1st time visitor  (Read 4702 times)

Offline moly1

1st time visitor
« on: August 20, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »
Hi, coming to Arillas for the 1st time on 6th Sept, just in time for the Wine Festival.  Is it held within Arillas itself or is it a bus/taxi ride away? 

Also looking forward to finding the Coconut Bar..just wish I'd been there for Ron Thal!  Everyone sounds very friendly anyway so we're really looking forward to exploring the village and can't wait to try Vavilas for their fish.
Amanda

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: 1st time visitor
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
hi amanda, and welsome!!
we arrive in arillas on 6th too, i think its our 6th visit, but we will be bringing our son and daughter in law and 2 grandsons, and it will be their first visit.
where are you flying from, where are you staying??
sorry, we are very nosy on this forum!!! we like to know all about you before you arrive hahaha
ger x

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »
Welcome fom me too. You have selected three aspects very close to my own heart. The Wine Festival is held  on the land past Brouklis, on the left before you get to Marvel and Rainbow. Even Jen can walk there with a bit of help.

The Coconut Bar is easily found. Facing inland from the sea front, at the T junction with Marina Hotel and Sharon's Pool Bar either side, you walk about 2-300 yards and on the right you will find Yiota's Shop, and the Nut is next door. If you carry on you come to another junction with Armourada on your left, and past this you will find Brouklis and the field where the wine festival is held.

Vavilas is best reached by walking South along the sea front ie facing the sea, turn left. At the end of the sea road there is a sharp left bend, which takes you up to Bardis Sun Studios and Bardis Sun Hotel. Just keep walking, and after some fields you will see buildings. A bit further on, on the left, is Vavilas. But beware, you may well have to book.

Best wishes
Phil

Offline moly1

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »
Thank you both for all the info.  We (me and my husband Paul) are flying from Doncaster and staying at Mathraki (which sounds lovely).  Huge grecophiles and planning to live in Greece for 6 months of the year in the very near future.  Only trouble being there are too many gorgeous places to choose from! 
Amanda

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:05 PM »
we are staying at kaloudis, at the end of the "beach road" near to "efis", which is a must visit place!!
we will no doubt see you around, you wont be able to miss us this year, we shall have two  little ones in tow, you wont miss charlie, he is a gorgeous long haired chatterbox!!!! but then i am biased!
ger x

Offline sunflower92

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 03:29:38 PM »
Hello

We too are coming on the 6th September and we are staying at Kaloudis which I recommend as a place to visit day or evening.

This is our 3rd visit to Arillas but we have never been to the wine festival before so we are looking forward to that. Does anyone know if that is something you have to book or do you just turn up?

Enjoy your visit I'm sure it will be the first of many, may see you around :)

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
Just turn up.You will be given the option of buying a large or small carafe and when you have finished that just get it refilled for free.At least that was the procedure when we were last there.It is a splendid opportunity to meet up with all the locals as well as visitors then spend the next day wondering where the h**l you were.Enjoy.  Ron and Sue.

Offline Northerndave

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • Yammas
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:14 PM »
and welcome from me too. My first trip also, but will have beaten you there by a few days so I hope to be fully 'arillassed' up by then lol

Hopefully see you at the festival

Offline westhamdave

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 09:29:48 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to everyone as this is my first post. Will be returning for third visit on 6th September, staying at Mathraki (hi to Amanda and Paul).
Have enjoyed reading all of your posts but would like to say to all the regulars how great it is to read what is going on. Think your posts say it all about what makes Arillas so special, not just the place itself but the people like you.
To northern dave, have fun. Try the 4 o clock club at Sharons bar if Dave (Leeds) is there, top man.
Anyway cannot wait to get back 'home', two years feels a very long time.
Have a great time everyone. Special place special people. Yiammas.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
Hiya and welcome to the forum!

Not a lot more to say as you are not a newbie as far as visiting Arillas goes as you surely know all about it and what it has to offer! Glad you enjoy the posts and look forward to your own contributions in time.

Bells x

Offline moly1

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
Thank you all for your wonderful insights into Arillas.   Only 2 more nights to go before our very early flight on Friday (6th).  Should be at Mathraki by mid afternoon though....can't wait for my first glass of Rose by the pool:)

Will hopefully bump into a few of you Arillas junkies in the Nut...Happy Hols to all.
Amanda

Booking.com