Author Topic: Transfer time  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Yvonne K

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Transfer time
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:19:19 AM »
Hi there
Just wondering if it is really a 2 hour+ transfer time from the airport via the tour operators!  No wonder we got charged an extortionate fee for the privelege!
thanks
Yvonne

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: Transfer time
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:25:15 AM »
Hit and miss, depends where the drops are first and how smoothly they go. . . . . Pretty much the same story on all package holidays
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

Have done the transfer in 45mins (Thomsons) and 2hrs30mins(Thomas Cook) the quickest is to book a taxi transfer through one of Arillas local companies.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
Our transfer to Mathraki with Thomson was 45 mins there. We were picked up in a minibus but going back got picked up again in  minibus but took 2 hours as had to be transferred to a big coach but we were not told. I wouldnt get a taxi coz you have to pay for the transfer with Thomson to mathraki and then you would only being paying again.Would rather keep my euros to spend there.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »
if you book thorugh thomson you can choose not to have the transfer, and that is deducted from the cost of the holiday, and you can put that towards taxi transfer.
our transfer took just over an hour, and we were first drop off this time, has been upto 3 hours, when you go all through sidari!
hope this helps
ger x

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 11:22:25 PM »
Unluckily, this year was the longest transfer we`ve ever had - nearing two hours.  Didn`t bother me that much but Heather wasn`t so fussed about it.
Taxi next year, I think.

Paul
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »
As we always travel independetly we don't have the option of taking the organised transport anymore but got to say, the 90 euro (each way!) For 5 of us grates every year!! 180 euro is a lot of money for 45 mins each way! If your transfer is during the day the it wouldn't bother me if it was a long one as the scenery is beautiful but if it was in pitch black I can imagine it being never-ending. My advice. Post on here in the faint hope of a taxi-share then you are looking at around 12 euro each (based on 4 share)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:02:59 PM »
Spot on Jo, my sentiments and advice exactly !
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 09:10:11 PM »
Hi again
Unfortunately my transfer was charged and I can't find a way of getting the £60 back from Thomson - the holiday was appartently through skytours even though was on the Thomson website.  I think we will probably be doing the transfer in the dark so not going to be much fun but resigned to the fact that it is a means to an end now - will know to ask advice before booking next time!

While I am here - are the roads in Corfu as bad as the guidebooks make out - we normally like to rent a car locally (not through tour company) and just head off but all i am reading is hairpin bends and twisty roads with steep gradient - hubby is really looking forward to it but i can hear that annoying whine starting in my head already!!! 

thanks guys and gals

Yvonne

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »
Our transfers this year with Thomas Cook, included in package, were: to Arillas, approx 1 hour, straight there. Return to airport, via Sidari, approx 1hr 40 mins. Not bad. We travelled in daylight and enjoyed the sights. Mo

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 12:47:46 AM »
Thanks Mo

I live in hope!

Yvonne

Offline NicandJohn

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
I enjoy driving there, we always hire a car and have done for years. There are some great pot holes, hairpin bends and yes steep gradients, but we take it steady and always feel safe. Nic has this morning driven for the first time in Corfu, from our house  in Loutses to arillas and back and says she enjoyed it. Probably because I am sitting in doncaster rather than the seat beside her!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:39:21 PM »
Not the best of roads but take it easy and take care then all will be fine.
We have our car hire from Theo at Arillas Cars, good value and good service can be found in the middle of the village opposite the Akti Hotel.

Offline Yvonne K

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 10:04:23 PM »
Looks like Theo will get a visit from us - is it best to email and reserve before we go?  Probably get a car for a week to mooch around, Trev my hubby loves to scare me on the roads!

Thanks for the info - pretty much standard Greek roads by the sound of it.

Will check in nearer to the big day to get some ideas off you all for 'must see' places

thanks all
Yvonne x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 09:09:40 PM »
yvonne k
depends on when your going ,,but best to email ,a couple of weeks b4 ,for prices and availibity,,theo,s a great guy and will help you in any way ,xx yiammas

Booking.com