Author Topic: Germania  (Read 12201 times)

Offline springs65

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Germania
« on: November 10, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
Anyone know anything about this airline? They are flying out of Norwich now for Thomsons next year.
Booked our May holiday not knowing who the airline would be, just looked to book for Sept and showing this airline now
Looked on their web site, they look ok but would love to know if anyone has flown with them.
Good reports on tip advisor too

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
Re: Germania
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »
Never heard of them myself but i know a few people who are regular flyers so i will ask for you.

Personally, i'm not fussed about what airline i fly with. So long as they don't go bust & take my £££ with them and they get me to my destination safely, i really don't mind :-)

Rachel x

Offline springs65

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »
Thanks Rachel, I am not too bothered which airline really it's just that I have to go assisted passage and Thomson have always been really good.
We have booked with Thomsons so I am just hoping things will be just the same as before.

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:53:28 AM »
Any recent news about this airline, just realised we are flying from Norwich with them!

Offline springs65

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 12:47:53 PM »
Flying with them from Norwich 6am this Friday so will report back and let you know

Offline diana

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 11:54:23 PM »
springs65, that will be fantastic and I feel excited for u going on holiday. Have a fabulous time and how long u there for?

Offline diana

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 11:57:18 PM »
springs, bet u gone to bed  now as u have too be up really early. Report please when u arrive home, enjoy!

Offline springs65

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »
Hi Diana have no fears germania flight was great. Very pleasant crew willing to chat and aircraft spotless!! Much more pleasant then the Thomsons flight and not bugging you all the time selling!!!
Just sat on the front now in Horizon enjoying a nice cold beer. Weather a little cloudy but very warm.
Looking forward to my 2 weeks here.
Only gripe I have is I took time out to arrange assisted passage with thomsons in store and on check in they had no record of it. Luckly though they did everything I needed  so all ok in the end.

Offline springs65

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Anyone flying from Norwich on this germania 6am flight please note. Airport don't open until 3.30am and check in opens at 4am. We are only half hours drive away but arrived at 3am and along with two other couples we were waiting outside in the cold even though they could see us from inside.
Not good for me as was travelling with assisted passage as I have mobility problems and was left with nowhere to sit.
Think a letter to Tomsons might be in order.

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline diana

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 12:41:55 AM »
Hi springs65 glad u mentioned about not getting to airport to early. We live in Sprowston so fairly close.
Did u book your seats a week before as I got info from someone that u could?

Offline Carol and Nigel

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 07:47:11 PM »
Came back from Corfu last Friday on Germania. Flight out was ok but couldn't pre-book seats. We were told whilst there that we could pre-book with rep for return flight. We duly paid our 18 euros each for extra space, got receipt (very helpful Thomson's rep) only to be told two days later that this service was not available on Norwich or Aberdeen flights!!! Our euros duly returned. We did get two seats together but the drinks trolley was sadly very poor. Only alcohol available was cider, no hot water so they couldn't provide any hot drinks (I was really desperate for a coffee).I think they also had a problems with the toilets although thank heavens I didn't need to use them. I have today paid the balance for our return trip in September and again cannot pre-book seats. Overall impression is that Thomson/Skytours need to get their act together as there seems to be "no joined up writing".

Offline diana

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 10:54:02 PM »
Must admit have rang thompsons up 3 times to ask for a receipt for holiday confirmation, and although they say it is in the post, not arrived as yet!
Also last person I spoke too, told me I could book my seats a week before the holiday. Sounds like that is incorrect then!

Booking.com