Author Topic: Hotel Akti  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Homer J

Hotel Akti
« on: December 13, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
Hello All.
Please can any body give me some truely honest feedback about this hotel.  I understand that it's across from a couple of loud bars, but just how loud and how long before it goes inside or stops.
I'm travelling with elderly'ish parents and an aunt who is young at heart but still pushing mid 70's who will be sharing with her sister who is mid 60's.
We are a 40 something couple with 2 teenage kids 12 and 15.  It's been a struggle to find some where with a pool, in easy distance of every thing for my dad who struggles with walking. All on a tight budget.

Please help before I go mental

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
Re: Hotel Akti
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
Have you already booked ? I would just say that as a family booking I would choose two places. I would say either Rainbow complex or Kaloudis. But if you have already booked it will Bo ok.

Offline adairsl

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »
I agree with JB.Certainly can recommend Kaloudis as have been going there for 8 years!
Atki by all reports is a great hotel but I am sure if you get certain rooms the noise is an issue.
However you will love Arillas.
Oliver

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 12:06:30 AM »
Depends when you are going as well. In May they were quiet , in August it wasn't the case. . . . . . .
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 01:22:47 AM »

Ask for rooms at the back, they are  quieter according to reports. If you have booked already e-mail before you go, if you have yet to book ask for quite rooms when you do.
 The Akti is a lovely hotel, with many repeat visitors......the pool is great and we always finish off the night at the bar there.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 02:04:42 AM »
Akti is a lovely hotel. Good atmosphere, good food, lovely pool. But the choice available in Arillas can suit everybody, and being in the very middle doesn't suit everyone. Not far away is Marina, with the gorgeous pool bar that is Sharon's. But it is much less affected by revelries in the bars. Also just round the corner to the left is Mirage, and just beyond that Bardis Sun Studios and the separate Bardis Sun Hotel. To the right,  Marinaki and Kaloudis. All of these have pools and none are more than a couple of hundred metres from the beach and tavernas.

As Val says, many stay at Akti and sing its praises. If you want the quieter rooms you must ask. I know many who always stay with Spiros at the Akti, and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

But I think so many are already booked by people like us who book before we leave, it might be an issue in top season just finding somewhere. But May/June and September/October will see you with a lot of choice.

Very best of luck. Don't be afraid to ask any of us for more information.
Phil

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
Should have also mentioned that the pool at the Akti seems more of a small, quiet adults pool and although it looks lovely I don't know how suitable it would be for teenagers saying that though you can use any pools in the resort.

Offline Homer J

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 09:05:53 PM »
Hi All.
Thanks for the great info every body. I've tried most of the other places recommended but most are booked solid for the middle 2 weeks in August or are just too expensive for us.
I think I'll take a punt at the Akti and hope the oldies can get a room on the quiet side of the hotel.  I will take your advice and e-mail them our request and hope for the best.
Thanks again, and I'm sure there will be more questions to come.

Cheers

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 02:24:34 AM »
will pm.
Lindypops.

Offline judetolson

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
Hi..My friends always stay there and they love it..x

Offline daisyday

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »
We stayed at the Akti year before last.  We were slap bang between the two bars.  When sitting outside it was quite irritating - if we liked the music from one bar it was banged out by the music from the other bar but once inside with the door shut we didn't find it much a problem at all.

We live in London suburbs although on a quiet street so it depends what you are used to... if you live in the country where you could hear a pin drop it may bother you, if you are used to some outside noise then we found it quite easy to switch off.... especially after a few retsinas!

One big bonus was the breakfast, not a huge choice but more than adequate - cheese, ham, cucumber, tomatoes, toast (you make yourself), eggs, cereal, milk etc. and the most yummy yogurt and honey.  Made a nice change for us as we are usually self catering.

Also perfectly situated as you say, very central to everywhere.  It certainly is value for money and I would recommend it.

Booking.com