Author Topic: Booking independently....  (Read 50729 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: Booking independently....
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
Well there you go then.  We all agree we do what suits us when it suits us :-)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »
I've never bothered to look into booking independently before. I can't even say I've considered it :-/
I've just been happy to pay that bit more and let the travel agents do all the work for me while I've sat back and dreamt about laying on the beach haha - but that was before trying to fit 2 holidays abroad in!
When I've just been paying for myself, i haven't really thought about what a good deal for a holiday should be, I've just opted for what i liked the look of.
However, in October, there may be two of us so now it's time to shop for that bargain! lol

Rachel x

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:46 PM »
We booked independently for the first time last year. It was very straight forward, we had far more flexibility regarding dates etc and there's something nice about about handing money over to the people who are providing the service as opposed to a firm in the UK who pay rock bottom prices to the provider and take their cut. Already booked independently again for this year.

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 06:16:08 PM »
Have travelled both ways over a good few years but recently have found it far cheaper to book package holidays than to travel independently.We travel from Manchester so this may not be true from other departure points.By booking as soon as the companies release their programmes we find that we have ample choice of dates and accommodation.Thomsons normally have Mathraki and Kaloudis whilst TC have Tria ,Akti, Rainbow, Makris.    Everyone to their own choice---------as long as we get there does it matter???

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 09:14:37 AM »
Booked my flights this morning.. Yay!! :D

Not sure on the accommodation yet, plenty of time to decide on that but I'll be there from 8th - 12th October... right in time for the Beer Festival WHOOP!! :D

Rachel x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 11:24:09 AM »

Get it done soon then Rachel......because the accommodation is filling  at an alarming rate, the festival was very popular last year.

Don't forget all the people taking part have to have somewhere to stay as well. 

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:09 AM »
I'll be there from 8th - 12th October... right in time for the Beer Festival WHOOP!! :D

Good job Rachel! :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2014, 01:30:00 AM »
Thanks Erja,

I've never been abroad twice in the same year before so feel very lucky that i am able to do so this year! 2 trips to Arillas within a couple of months and the Beer Festival... couldn't get any better! Can't wait! :D

Hi Val,

Accommodation is sorted - Just booked it 10 minutes ago! I'm staying at Hotel Akti :D

Rachel x

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:35 AM »

Hi Rachel, we love the Akti although we have never stayed there :)

We always spend the last hour with Spiros in the bar before going back to the Mathraki.......you will love it. He has our drinks poured as we walk in the door.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2014, 01:55:00 AM »
Same here Val - love to end the night sitting at the bar talking to Spiros - he's just adorable and the bar is oh so cosy! See you in there in October Rachael xx

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
    • Instagram
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2014, 02:13:53 AM »
Sounds good Val, I'm really looking forward to it :-)

You certainly will Bella! :D

..I take it i can book my airport transfers through Spiros then?

Rachel x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2014, 07:36:48 PM »
Jen and me are who we are, and we love Spiros and Olga to bits. But our Arillas takes us where it does, and seems to exclude some of the people who want to be our friends. We are a blank sheet, and anyone can write on it. But in the end we want Arillas, we want that mile of sea, we want those folk like Perry, Hana and Kostas in the Nut even more than that amazing seaside. 

The Facebook and forum stuff is fun, but on April 7th we4 will be where we belong, and will probably share some if we get time.

Phil

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2014, 08:51:21 PM »
I'm beginning to understand.... I think. I love the outstanding beauty of the area, but could it be the genuine welcome, the kindness, the love of life, and the personality of the people in Arillas that draws me back? I have seen breathtakingly beautiful parts of the world before but nowhere that I left a part of me until I could be whole again on my return.

Yes...I've got it bad, I'm still counting the days, hours and minutes until July. Nearly there, nearly counted a year away, and then it'll be gone in a flash of sun, sea, heat, good food, laughter and rum. 

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
cypress, it is hard to admit those feelings, but so good to do so. Arillas in its tiny corner of Magoulades has this effect on some of us. I feel blessed to understand it like you do, and I am proud to do so. BRAVO!!!!!

Phil

Booking.com