Author Topic: Booking independently....  (Read 50730 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: Booking independently....
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 09:55:50 AM »

I certainly do not agree with Truth. Booking our own flights and then booking independently for accommodation in Arillas, directly from the owners, has definitely proved cheaper!
This also gives the satisfaction of knowing that one's euros stay in the village.
Emeralddragons

I concur! I have been doing independent travel to Arillas for years now and definitely like to see my Euro's to stay in the village than with the faceless tour operators.

Besides tour operators charge insane amounts for a single supplement. So if I go alone so that is not an option for me in any case.

But as in the past few years I have had to try to coordinate the logistics with Heidi who arrives from Finland and tour operators just do not have what we need to get to Arillas from two different countries on a same day staying in the same place :)

Viva la independence! 8)
Life is good ;)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
Hi Rachel,
Tria let you pay on arrival yes , no problem.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 02:36:05 PM »
Our first time booking independantly last year, scary right upto leaving for the airport. Everything worked perfectly. We paid when we got there, the owner did want a deposit, but as she didnt have an english bank account my bank wantex £40 to do the transaction!!!! I e mailed and offered my credit card details, or even to send euros by post, but it was no problem we paid the whole amount when we got there. This time we paid a deposit before we left, then waited anxiously for the flights to be released!!!
Ger x

Offline adamcal

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »
has anyone booked through travel republic,particulary the transfers,its seems like a good deal for a return transfer for two,just wondered if anyone has used them

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 04:10:51 AM »
emeralddragons & Erja,

I would much prefer to give my euros to the people of Arillas, but websites such as Icelolly.com and Booking.com etc are very competitive and at times, offer very good prices. If they're offering what i'm after for a cheaper price, that would be the option i'd pick.. for my pocket's sake! At least it leaves me with extra spending money for when i'm there :-)

Thanks Truth,

I won't be staying at Tria, I just meant any of the apartments in general. I had read in previous posts that once the owners get to know you, they let you pay on arrival. So i thought that if i were to show them flight details, it would be confirmation to whoever that i will definitely be coming to Arillas rather than them thinking it was just an enquiry.

Hi Ger,
I know, i'm worried that i'll miss something really important and end up stranded! lol.
The payment (if booking direct) is really the only thing that concerns me now, i'm definitely not comfortable with emailing my card details, and i've read in other posts that they've also been charged for the bank transfers :-/ so i may just wait until i'm there in August and like you, leave a deposit.

adamcal,

I have never heard of travel republic before, i'll have a little nosey now and see :-)

Rachel x

Offline kevin.g

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
Rachel
do what suits you ,im a regular visitor and book both ways, sometime s  a package deal is cheaper other times I book indie coz it suits my time I wanna go, as long as you get there what the hell, in these finacially hard times do whats best for you pocket , xx

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 12:20:50 PM »
Used Travel Republic lots of times but don't know if I'd use them for transfers to Arillas. It would most probably be transfers through Lord Travel and you can be left waiting ages at the airport. I use their transfers a lot in Spain as they are so cheap. We always book and pay our accommodation deposit whilst on holiday for the following year and the remainder when we arrive.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 04:47:26 PM »
I have used Travel republic a few times and never had any problems.  Didnt have a clue they offered transfers as well! Will have a little look..

Offline Ron and Sue

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 05:12:17 PM »
Have used Travel Republic many times but not for Arillas.Always found them excellent and the transfers have always been reliable and on time.Have not found another site to beat them for choice or price.       Ron.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 05:59:01 PM »
Just looked at transfers, but Bobby at Bardis Sun always finds us the best possibe (ie cheapest) deal. And Kostas at Marvel does it himself. And Dimitri at Brouklis arranges with Noula for us. And of course Anna has a whole family of men drivers!

We always rely on the locals, not some internet service trying to make a profit on top of the cost. Wherever you are staying, ask the owner to organise your transfer.

Phil

Offline jean

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
Just booked! Can't wait! Booked independently, Easyjet out, Ryanair back, cheaper than last year with Easyjet both ways! Booked Anna's Studios through her web site 25th Aug for 15 nights. 9th /10 visit, lost count! Looking forward to seeing her and her wonderful family and hopefully some familiar faces too.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 12:06:26 AM »

I certainly do not agree with Truth. Booking our own flights and then booking independently for accommodation in Arillas, directly from the owners, has definitely proved cheaper!
This also gives the satisfaction of knowing that one's euros stay in the village.
Emeralddragons

I concur! I have been doing independent travel to Arillas for years now and definitely like to see my Euro's to stay in the village than with the faceless tour operators.

Besides tour operators charge insane amounts for a single supplement. So if I go alone so that is not an option for me in any case.

But as in the past few years I have had to try to coordinate the logistics with Heidi who arrives from Finland and tour operators just do not have what we need to get to Arillas from two different countries on a same day staying in the same place :)

Viva la independence! 8)

I don't travel alone, I am can only speak from a personal point of view and my circumstances. As Kevin says in hard times I have to do what's best for us and no disrespect meant to anyone here, I am sure that the locals of Arillas would would be looking for the best deal that they could get if they were travelling to England.

Offline Bella

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 01:12:37 AM »
Hey!

We all do what we feel is right for us, our families and our pocket!
Whatever is the best way to get to where we want to be is the right way!
If that is by way of a package holiday - great! if that is by way of an independent booking - also great! As long as we all end up in Arillas spending our hard earned cash in the various establishments who gives a damn how we got there as long as we did?

Bells xx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 07:39:41 AM »

[/quote]

... I am sure that the locals of Arillas would would be looking for the best deal that they could get if they were travelling to England.
[/quote]

I quite agree with you Truth.  I'm sure they would too.  Not always, but fairly frequently I book friends and family into apts through Booking.com rather than direct.  It makes sense - and as Bella says they all end up spending their hard earned cash in Arillas anyway.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 08:30:28 AM »
But after saying all of that I DO prefer to go to the owner direct! Roll on 4 months I say and Mythos . . . .

Booking.com