Author Topic: Mathraki  (Read 40682 times)

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
Mathraki
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:04:24 PM »
Booked up for this year at Mathraki BRING IT ON :-)

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
Re: Mathraki
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 12:58:40 AM »

When are you going Tony? We are there 23rd May - 6th June and back 1st Aug for a week.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline dylan

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:12 PM »
15th Sept, god it still seems a long way away in wet wet wet Sheffield just now!

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
August 8th 2 weeks Val&bil

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »

We leave about lunchtime on the 8th Tony, so unless you're on a very early flight we will miss you. :( :(

Val x

Offline TONYNEW

• Arillas 2016
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Dionysos
    • Tonys webshots
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
It will be about 2.30 in the afternoon we arrive in Arillas

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »
Nice one Tony! Heidi and I get there on Friday 15th so see you and your good wife there :)
Life is good ;)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:09:15 PM »
Look after her Tony. Humour her when she is pleading with Jimmy for another beer and buy her one. Our Erja is a very special part of our Arillas, and contributes fun love and laughter to the mix. I so wish we could share it all with yous.

Phil

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 12:34:58 PM »
Hi Val and Bill we are going 25th July until 8th August, our first time at these studios.
We stayed in Paleo for the last 2 years.

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 12:49:25 PM »
We will be there from 25th also Diane. Stayed there last and and loved it. Where you flying from?

Offline diana

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 12:53:16 PM »
Hi Norwich for 2 weeks. What is it like, am looking forward to all the walks to different villages.
Where are you flying from?

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

Diana, the Mathraki is lovely and quiet being adults only. We have been going there twice a year for the last four or five years.
Not that we don't like children, it's just the fact that you don't get the raucous teenagers jumping in and out the pool spoiling your peaceful afternoon doze :)
Mind you it can get a bit noisy at the bar at night when everyone drifts back after an enjoyable evening in the village.

The food at the bar is first class and very reasonable, the family are great.... nothing is too much trouble, but they are not intrusive.

We love staying there. We have made many good friends over the years because the Mathraki has lots of repeat guests.

The rooms are typically Greek and spotlessly clean, I am sure you will have a wonderful time.

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Val x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »
I didn't realise it was adults only, we nearly strolled in last year for a beer(for the kids , we would have had ouzo !  LOL) but carried on walking in the end. My nose would have been put well out of joint if I had been refused entry , even though, in fairness , rules are rules.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline ness44

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
Diane we are flying from Stansted . We don't do much walking as it's too hot. 

VAL we are bringing 2 x 16 year old girls with us. Hope you won't be too disturbed by them. They want to do more sunbathing than anything else so they shouldn't bother you too much. Me and the other half went there last year and lovedso much that we booked again. We stayed at kaloudis the year before but liked Mathraki better.

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 04:04:43 PM »

Truth... there is no ban on children visiting, Thomsons won't allow anyone under sixteen to stay there because they say the balustrade on the stairs needs to be higher to conform to their HS rules.

In fact you often get children and their parents swimming in the pool, everyone is made welcome, just buy a drink or ice cream at the bar. It is a lovely pool and has a little pool for kids to splash about in.
Come and have a drink with Bill and I when we are there in May, we are pool people and spend most days there.

Ness.... two sixteen year girls certainly won't disturb us or anyone else, I was thinking of groups who spend all day pushing each other in and shouting or yelling, not girls who spend the day sunbathing, chatting and reading magazines. Mind you we adults can have fun in the pool too, spent many an afternoon acting daft in the Mathraki pool. The girls are welcome to join us :)

Looking forward to meeting you all, we will be there your second week.

Val x

Booking.com