Author Topic: Bardis Sun Studios olive oil  (Read 2920 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Bardis Sun Studios olive oil
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:05:45 PM »
When we stay there the family always give a little plastic bottle of their own oil. As (I'm telling everyone who'll listen....over it now) they're full when I go in July, does anyone know if they sell their oil to people who don't stay with them?

I suppose I could give them a ring, but I wouldn't want to bother them.

Offline Steve & Carole

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Bardis Sun Studios olive oil
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:07:12 PM »
I don't know if they sell the oil, but isn't it the best ever.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:49:38 PM »
I believe that, as Rainbow, Armourada and Tria, Bardis do sell their Olive Oil to all. As do many other places.  Just pop in and ask. Each oil is unique to them as their Oil is produced from their own trees.
(When you take your own "batch" of Olives to the factory they are processed on their own and not mixed with others - This is the info I have been given)
Ina's and Alex's Supermarkets also sell their own oil. - many choices, guys.
My neighbour makes a cracker and doesn't sell it. - He does "slip" us 4 litres though, now and again!

Cheers
Negg

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
Yes,..isn't it good stuff? Like a taste of corfiot liquid sunshine. Even after saving it for special occasions I've not managed to eke it out this year.

Thanks Eggy, I'll pop in and see if they'll sell some to me to wrap in my beach towel, put in my case, and hope again that it doesn't leak!

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:23:31 AM »
Ah, Cypress, our Bardis olive oil is long gone since last July. We only use it for food where we will taste it, like perking up commercial taramasalata with crushed garlic and Bardis olive oil, or sprinkled on spaghetti bolognese, salads etc. But it never lasts long enough! We get through a lot of extra virgin from the supermarket, but it is nothing like the glorious fresh taste of what Poppy gives us.

I hope Neill is right, and you can buy from them, but I don't know, and have never seen evidence of it. I will ask when I arrive in early July, or earlier if we bump into them in April.

Phil

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 09:24:50 AM »
Knowing Spiros n Poppy, if you "poppy" in there for a drink she'll probably decant some in a plastic bottle for you, if she is not selling it.
Negg

Offline Bella

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »
It's lovely oil as you all say but then I find all Corfu olive oil superb and much better than any you buy in the UK.

Poppy and Spiros are members of the forum Cypress - member name
Bardis Sun Studios so you could message them if you want to know ahead of time?

Bells xx

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 08:01:43 PM »
Thanks Bella. I've messaged them and I'll let you all know if I receive a reply.

Booking.com