Author Topic: Advice for July  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Advice for July
« on: February 16, 2014, 12:36:05 AM »
Hello, we have been to Arillas several times both with and without our daughter. I have just found out that my October holidays are after the end of the season so we are considering going at the first of July. I was hoping for advice about how a 3 year old would cope with the heat at that time of year. I would be grateful if anyone with experience of taking toddlers on holiday in the summer months could share any words of wisdom with me. We also have to consider travelling independently or with a package. The only thing holding us back from independently is that the Ryanair flights are on a Tuesday which I know is not a traditional changeover day and worried that we would not get suitable accommodation for the three of us at that time.
Thanks in advance
Linsey

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Advice for July
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:04:39 AM »
Hi Lindsey. We have been going for 14 years now, the first time when our eldest was 1, then a few years later when our twins were 1. We tended to go in June which was still sweltering. I think that as long as you slather her in suncream and make sure she is wearing a hat and t shirt (I used to always buy those ones with a neck flap) and you make sure she has some well timed naps she will be fine. As far as accom is concerned I'm sure that the Tuesday will easily be accomodated, but I would say only independent.

Offline Rachel B

• Forum Fanatic
  • When my fridge is empty, so is my heart
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:13:42 AM »
Hi Linsey,

I don't think you'll have any bother finding accommodation just because it's a Tuesday. I have just done a quick search on Booking.com for 2 adults & 1 child for Tuesday 1st July - Tuesday 8th and lots of options have come up. If you have a particular place in mind, just send them an email to double check.

As for taking a 3 year old abroad in July - I don't have personal experience of that but i have seen lots of toddlers etc whilst being on holiday myself (usually late July/early August) and they're either playing in the pool/on the beach with some or fast asleep in a buggy lol. I think we get more flustered than they do.
Apart from the obvious things like drinking plenty of water, high factor sun creams, hats etc which i'm sure you don't need telling about, i think your little one will be fine. :-)

Rachel x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:33 AM »
We have got a 9 year old and a 1 year old and have always taken them abroad 3 times a year , including August. Never had a problem , just common sense to keep them hydrated, in the shade , sun tan lotioned up , etc etc.
I really wouldn't worry about it, enjoy
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »

Don't worry about change over days Linsey, they only really apply with a package.
Most independent accommodation will accept bookings for any day, and as for your little girl...... a hat at all times and a thin t-shirt in the sun then cover her with sunscreen and a new beach babe is born!!

Val x 
The love affair continues.

Offline Linsey

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 09:29:43 PM »
Thank you so much for your replies and I am glad they are all positive! We missed our Arillas fix last year because of the October break and did Euro Disney instead. Need back for some sunshine and souvlakia soon.
Will be spending tonight doing some internet trawling.

thanks

Linsey

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 10:39:00 PM »
I know how much you worry about littl'un. But this last year has seen so many local babies in Arillas, and they all thrive and become beautiful and healthy. Jen has made knitting for some of them!

Yes it is hot in July, can't wait myself 'cos some like it HOT including me. Just be sensible with her and enjoy the beauty of the shoreline there.

Phil

Booking.com