Author Topic: First time to Arillas  (Read 8370 times)

Offline jacqui

First time to Arillas
« on: January 05, 2006, 11:18:08 PM »
We have just booked our first holiday to arillas and we are hoping for a little info on the resort. Mainly is the resort laid back and friendly and does it get rowdy? We are travelling from newcastle 8th may and we are looking for a nice quiet holiday with things to do but not loads of loud bars and blasting discos etc.
Are there many shops for self catering and very important is the beach relatively clean? Any info would help. Thanks Jacqui

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
First time to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »
Hello Jacqui and a big welcome to the Arillas forum.

You have made a good choice, because Arillas really does meet all the criteria that you have listed. :D

Arillas is most definitely laid back, with only 2 bars, but plenty of tavernas and restaurants to cater for your hunger pangs.  You would  really be hard pushed to find a destination where the locals (and fellow holidaymakers) are more welcoming and genuinely friendly.

There are a few mini-markets in Arillas, all very reasonably priced, also a bakers selling delicious cakes and breads...mmmm yummy. :roll: On the seafront is Alex's mini-market selling newspapers and magazines as well as groceries.

To be honest, it is so cheap to eat out in Arillas that more often than not it is cheaper to dine out than cook in your apartment.  The added bonus of Arillas's North West location is the glorious sunsets it enjoys.  A big part of a holiday in Arillas is dining in a seafront restaurant whilst watching the sun going down.

In early May the resort will be quiet, but most facilities, if not all will be open.  Also, you have the added bonus of the wonderful show of Spring flowers in and around Arillas.  Hopefully, you will be arriving in the daylight hours when you can enjoy their beauty on your journey up to Arillas. :D  

Arillas beach has been awarded the EEC Blue Flag for the last 10 years, therefore you will find no problem there. :D

Whereabouts are you staying?

You will find lots of information on this website as you dip in and out of the pages,  also take a look at the link below to my website for a little bit more.

Eileen.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
First time to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »
Hi,   We go to Arillas the 19th June for two weeks for the first time as well and have really found your info very useful -  and also  the transfer times on the forum elsewhere.  We cant wait to sit and eat our meals watching the sunsets!! :D
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
First time to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 03:26:34 PM »
Hi Blondegirl,

I'm glad you found the info' useful.

You'll have great time in Arillas...do you know it is amazing the number of folks, myself included, who would not normally return to the same holiday destination, but one visit to Arillas and we all find ourselves returning again and again! :D

It must be something they put in the drink. :wink:  :D

Eileenx

Offline jacqui

First time to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply Eileen, we were a little worried as we do not personally know anyone who has been to arillas. It now seem`s I made the right choice. My sister is coming along with us aswell and can`t wait after reading some of the post`s on here.
We are not just visiting arillas for the first time it is also the first time we have gone allocation on arrival with manos so, fingers crossed. ( Norman, my husband thought I had gone mad when I booked it) but, you have to take the chance sometimes and it was so cheap for all three of us.
We usually like to know where we will be staying so we can check it out first . Jacqui

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
First time to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 10:57:06 PM »
We too are on our first trip this year (August). One of the reasons we chose Arillas is because of the write ups i read on this forum. i certainly appreciate all the subjects covered and cannot wait until we finally get there. I now visit this site daily to keep up with all the info which people take the time to share with others.
We are also travelling wth Manos (who i have not heard of before) , and so await with anticipation how you found them as an agent.
Has anyone else out there used them before and ,if so , what is your opinion?
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
First time to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 11:10:50 PM »
hi jacqui, you will enjoy arilas, where are you staying, we arrive on the 5th may, we are staying at the kaloudous.  we have been several times in may, and we have had good weather. the sea has been cold as it hasnt warmed up, but i normally brave it a couple of times. hope to meet you while we are there. alex

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
First time to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 12:20:58 AM »
Hello Jacqui,

I had a look on the Manos website and I'm really surprised at how many properties they have on their books.

I'm sure you will be happy with whichever accomodation you end up in. :D

Most times we fly out from Newcastle and have always been lucky never to have had any delays.

We will be in Arillas the same time as you so maybe see you there. :D

Offline bobandjoyce

• http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
First time to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 02:07:13 AM »
We had our first holiday to Arillas in October last year and absolutely loved every minute.

Everything written on this forum is spot on!  It is a fabulous place.

........wish I was there.........

Offline jacqui

Manos
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 01:44:44 PM »
Hi there, we travelled for the first time with manos to zante last year when we went in september and found them to be okay as agents. The rep was never around but, as we do not bother with them anyway it was not a problem for us. We were given an emergency contact number just incase.
The apartments were fine, nice and clean and really well equiped kitchen area. Linen was changed every two days and towels every day.  We had a two bedroomed place and a relative was staying in the same block but, in a one bedroomed apartment and this was also more than okay.
The only thing that I could fault about them was the brochure description of the area around the apartment block as it was dark and more of a dirt track  leading to the apartments than they had described when we had booked. Jacqui

Offline carol2

Manos
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »
We have travelled to Arillas with Manos for the last 4 years. The first time we went with them was purely for the reason that they were the cheapest at the time, we have used them ever since and have never had anything to complain about. The reps always make themselves available and last years rep, Stuart, went out of his way to help our son with some problems he had. We have stayed at 3 different Manos accomodations in Arillas and would happily recommend any of them. Anyway, enjoy,
Carol
Get the beers in!

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
First time to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »
I've travelled with Manos to Arillas every year since 1993 - sometimes twice, three times and last year four times. So they must be doing something right. However, I'm sure everyone would agree with me that it is the place and the people that make it such a wonderful place.

Roll on 12 June - can't wait. Only wish I was there now.
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
First time to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 11:06:39 PM »
it is the place and the people that make it such a wonderful place

Your spot on there Sandy. :D

By the way...4 visits last year...you've got the bug bad.  How many visits have you scheduled for this year?

We are over the last week in April for 3 or 4 weeks, are you over then?

Eileenx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
First time to Arillas
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »
We booked with Manos about 6 weeks before due to leave. We stayed in a fantastic beach studio in Agios Gordios (2 mins from beach) and wanted to go back but it wasnt on the Manos website this year.  After contacting them they told us they do not use these until everything else is booked up (these are 'back up accommodation' which is a shame as they are lovely. The Manos reps were really good and very friendly and helpful.  We looked around and came up with Arillas which had the same sort of feel about it, nice and quiet and laid back as Ag. Gordios (nr Sinnarades).  Booked with T. Cook this time and staying at the Galini and got a good deal we thought  @ £269  each for two weeks, which is about what we paid last year. The reports were very good and I have even managed to email someone who does the website for the Apartments, and they have been very helpful.  We are going to get a taxi, if there are  too many stops on the transfer as we dont fancy a 3.5 hrs coach journey.  All in all, we cant wait to go as everyone has been so helpful on this site. :D
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
First time to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 02:42:23 AM »
Eileen - Sadly no....not going out until 12 June for the wedding of the year....Lisa and Woody....for those of you who don't know them, check on people of the day on about 15 October last year. If you happen to be in Arillas from the 12th to the 19th of June, I can guarantee one big party and don't expect dinner in Brouklis on Saturday 17 June!!!
Sandy x

Booking.com