Author Topic: Budget for a 2 month holiday?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
Budget for a 2 month holiday?
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:45:14 PM »
Next year I'd like to think that I could spend July and August in Arillas. Have any of you stayed long term and have you had to do this on a budget?

This could become a reality because I work in a college and don't work over the summer, the only thing is that along with having a nice long summer off, there's no funds coming in. So, can it be done without spending vast amounts? Do you know of any apartment owners that might reduce their prices for a long let?

The food isn't a problem, I'd more than likely eat out every other night with the set menu's that are on offer, and I'd only go out 2 or 3 nights a week........alright then 7, and be an alcofrolic when I got home! 

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Budget for a 2 month holiday?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
Sounds like a dream! I also work in a school and would love to spend longer in Arillas but unfortunately my husband has the normal holidays :(

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 01:12:33 PM »
I think the best thing would be to contact a few people and get some quotes, when we started looking for our long term rent we spoke to Kostas at the Marvel and he put us in contact with quite a few owners. Also Spiros at Portofino was very helpful. Stella and Alex at the shop may be able to help too. Worth asking the 'boss' Dimitris as well. Good luck
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
Angela has done good deals on long lets in the past....but not sure if she would be able to in July and August.
Sandy x

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
I am sure that there would be plenty that would do you a discount for long term rental. I would think its "par for the course" in any country to offer a cheaper rate for the guarantee of income over a longer period of time.
Good luck :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »
Cypress

Heed the advice about Angela's Appts but also speak with Olga's Travel. She has a few fingers in many pies and may be able to help. Her Elena/Stella complex may be basic but is very quiet.

Without any funds coming in, I would, maybe budget for food and drink,prices at what you would budget in the UK. Don't forget that a full English breakfast here could keep you going, all day. Will you need a hire car?? - Shop around. Arillas car hire may be able to do you a deal. If not driving anywhere ,then all your essential shopping basics would be bought locally.

Many equations here. For example, if you are a smoker then each pack of cigs you buy is around £3.50 cheaper here than the UK. (Smoke 20 a day and save around 26e each week - Sounds ridiculous but true.

Good luck and go for it.
Cheers
Negg

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 11:06:28 PM »
Thanks everyone.

Eggy, that's a valid point, you've made me think now. There is the fact that the money I'd spend at home for those 2 months should really go towards my spend. Which makes my plan more likely now. I'm there in JUly so I'll ask around for prices for a good deal with accommodation.   

I couldn't stretch towards a hire car it would really be the use of my legs to go anywhere and the occasional trip to somewhere like the islands or Corfu town, having said that I don't really want to go too far from Arillas once I get there, I do spend a whole year waiting to get there :-)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »
Cypress

Maybe calculate what you would save on heating/electric/water/phone bills for two months. Plus, if you use a car for work then how much do you save on petrol?

I love to offset/justify any costs like this.
 (Wegg says I'm a sad git but we got to Arillas 4 weeks every year)

Cheers
Negg

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
Its the way to do it mate in fairness :-)
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Booking.com