Author Topic: Hire car or coach trips  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Sinbad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Hire car or coach trips
« on: March 27, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
Hi, although I've been to Arillas before I've never hired a car to drive around the island.  We want a really relaxing break, so although the flexibility of a hire car would be great, we don't know whether booking coach / boat trips would be more relaxing.

Any advice?  Any suggestions on the best places to visit?

Thanks
Pam

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Hire car or coach trips
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »
In the past we have booked a car (only for a day or so because of the cost) and we have loved it (kids hated every single minute haha).  We are definitely doing that again this year.  last year we hired a boat for half a day and went to Paleokastrista which was also good fun but quite expensive. Cant imagine anything worse that being stuck on a coach but fair fancy some of the boat trips that said.

Offline intentioncraft

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • hooked on acropolis
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:40 PM »
Hi Jo,
How much would I expect to pay for boat hire,and your recommendations if you would be so kind.

Regards
Bob.

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »
We always use Sammy at Arillas watersports and if my memore serves me right I think it was about the 80 euro mark plus diesel.

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »
We paid the same as Jo for the boat hire, but you could also do a half day or just a couple of hours.

We were let down on trying to book a day out on a coach last year as apparently there were not enough people booked on it to make it cost effective for the operator.  I can understand this but it is very dissappointing to look forward to something and then have it cancelled the night before!  This was the first week of August too!!!

We then took the plunge and hired a car and it was so much fun.  Hubby just took it nice and easy and we all had a great time - we avoided Corfu town at that point.  However, when we returned in September we took the plunge and had a trusty Fiat Panda delivered to the airport by Arillas Cars, we had it for the full week.  What a treat!  Would definately recommend.  Hardly used any petrol - about a tankful if that.  We went to Mount Pantakrator (forgive spelling), Kassiopi, Sidari, airport run both ways.

Try it just for a couple of days and then you will know for next time,

Angela xxxxx

Booking.com