Author Topic: Sunday Flight  (Read 2566 times)

Offline saxa

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Sunday Flight
« on: April 22, 2014, 04:54:38 PM »
Im thinking of coming to arilas in September and my cheapest option is a flight where I go out on Sunday 7.9.14 and come back the following Sunday of 14.9
The return flight leaves Corfu at 3.50 am. Will the airport be open through the night as I was thinking of arriving about 12am and waiting ?
Is there a taxi or bus service on a Sunday as I would be arriving at 11.40 am on 7.9?Is
there anywhere cheap for 1 night anybody knows if I stay in or near Corfu on 13.9?

Offline Jez

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Sunday Flight
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:50:54 PM »
Hi Saxa,

I recently went out and returned on a Sunday. There are local buses in Corfu Town  (Blue bus) but no longer distance (Green bus) on Sundays. Here is the link to the timetables: http://www.allcorfu.com/ou-buses.html

Try using Trivago.com, Bookings.com or similar to find a hotel. We have stayed at the Mon Repos Palace and Hellenis hotels in Corfu Town for £25 per night for 2 with breakfast. Both were ideal for a stopover and the Mon Repos quite luxurious with a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival too!

A 1km walk from the hotel to the Green Bus station on Monday morning, €4 per person from the bus station to Arillas and great views en route. Bon voyage!!

Jez

Booking.com