Author Topic: FIRST TIME TO CORFU  (Read 13518 times)

Offline carrie

FIRST TIME TO CORFU
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
WHICH DAY TRIPS ARE RECOMMENDED

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: FIRST TIME TO CORFU
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:00 PM »
Depends if you are on your own, or with partner, and/or children. Corfu Town, for example may be a long haul for younger kids whilst Aqualand may suit a family.
Car hire may be good if just a couple out to explore. Many choices. Local travel offices will be keen to help

Cheers
Negg

Offline emeralddragons

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Which trips are recommended?
Well, we have been to Arillas seven times, always intending to go on trips and see some more of Corfu. However, once we are there, nothing has as yet been able to lure us away from Arillas.
We have walked to St. Stephanos a number of times, but that isn't really what is meant by a trip, is it?
Next time we shall be in Arillas for two weeks - our previous visits have been for one week only. Maybe this time we shall manage at the very least to see Kerkyra, hitherto glimpsed only through the taxi window on our way to and from the airport.
Come to Arillas and meet the magic!
Emeralddragons

Offline cypress

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 02:20:59 AM »
Welcome Carrie

All of the day trips will be worth the visit: Paleokastritsa is beautiful, Corfu town is the most magical little town - ancient in the most part with lovely little alleys with individual shops for wandering around, Italianate architecture, a castle, churches and a war cemetery that I hope to get to one day  - Agni bay is a stunning little cove with a calm sea that you can see right down into the depths, Kassiopi is worth a visit, and there are so many more places to see. It depends on the type of thing you prefer.

But, be prepared. Be prepared to fall in love............with Arillas :-)   

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 12:11:07 PM »
Carrie google Arkokal travel , Sam steph travel , and olga,s travel they show a range if trips to suit all and prices as well enjoy yiammas x

Offline carrie

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 06:38:55 PM »

Thank you, will do that. Carrie

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
Hire a boat from San Stephanos or Arillas watersports, travel around and stop off for lunch in a beautiful bay or resort.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 06:21:07 PM »
We did a trip to Old Piritha and Mount Krak??? whatever its called,but it has a monastery at the top and what views,very good price from Thompsons for a change,superb trip
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline carrie

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 10:48:26 PM »
Thank you. Carrie

Offline carrie

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
WHICH DAY TRIPS ARE RECOMMENDED
 Thank you all for your advice. Carrie

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 10:15:59 PM »
Simply breath in and absorb the atmosphere and you will be on the best trip Arillas can offer.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 01:38:41 AM »
We would love to sail over to Mathraki or Ericousa. It can be organised through Olga and other travel companies in Arillas, but like ChrisG says
Simply breathe in and absorb the atmosphere and you will be on the best trip Arillas can offer.

Trips will have to wait for Jen and me, until we are there for much longer than our four weeks a year. One breath and we are high - it is the best "trip" we can ever feel.

Phil

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 01:17:02 PM »
Hi Phil. Did the boat trip about two years ago, it was great, a bit like the ferry in 'My family and other animals', if you remember the film. Pegasus, usually operates from San Stefanos, but lately from Paelio due to silting-up of the harbour. Last year they were dredging the San Stef harbour, so with any luck the service will be back there this year.
Pegasus is quite a large ferry with a fully enclosed seating area like a very large bus, there is a 'goods' area at the stern, almost anything is transported to the islands, fuel, gas, fruit and veg etc. There is a raised observation area near the front either side of the wheel-house, and an 'outside' seating area at the stern next to the produce. You need to choose the day well, as the sea can be very choppy! It was quite calm the day I went and I thoroughly enjoyed it. There are two time tables for the service, winter and summer, times and destinations vary. I went on  the summer service and had the choice of  landing and waiting for the boat to come back from the other islands or staying on-board and seeing them all. I stayed on. Amazing sea-scapes and stunning scenery.
There is no need to book, find out the times and days of departure, when I went it was 10.00hrs. returned about 16.00hrs., Dorita from the Bardis Hotel where I stay dropped me off in the car. You can pay on the boat, around €10. A great day out for very little!
Martin.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 02:03:18 PM »
Thanks Martin. The "stay on" option sounds wonderful, so we'll have to do it at least twice!

Phil

Offline Chris G

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »
hi Martin
Never done the ferry but we will try it this year, thanks for the info

Booking.com