Author Topic: The Beach 2014  (Read 11401 times)

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
The Beach 2014
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:28:28 PM »
Hi Everyone :)

Please can the April and May visitors post or upload some pics of the beach.  I cannot believe how wide it looks on the webcam but I can only see South side of the Jetty!  Would love to see how it is developing at the North side please.  Simply cannot wait until August!

Cheers All

Angela xxxx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: The Beach 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 11:57:06 PM »
It is surprisingly wide for the time of year, despite the unsettled weather...thunder, lightning and torrential rain again as I type this. As we all know, this is likely to affect the beach, but hopefully there will be an improvement by the end of the week for the start of the season.
Sandy x

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 12:51:32 AM »
Hope so Sandy...... See you next week.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 02:09:35 AM »
The main beach was superb in early April. My pics in Tell Us Your Story might show that. But sorry, I barely went on the beach in that week, we were so busy in the "social whirl" we didn't find any time. From a distance, the North and South ends looked a bit narrow, but it will change. And expert Sandy knows just about every aspect of it all.

I for one, wish them an improvement in the weather. Macbeth's witches might like "thunder, lightning and in rain" but there is no doubt Arillas is better in "Sunshine, Mythos and in May."

Phil

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
One of the first things I do when I arrive is have an ouzo and orange in the Malibu and then go down to the beach and stand in the sea, so as long as the beach is wide enough for my size 5's that will be good.

Offline Angela66

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:32:29 PM »
Me too Karen - I don't really mind how wide the beach is as long as I can take that early morning walk to the North end when no-one is around but John and I.

However, I am intrigued to see whether this is due to the rocks they put in the sea by Kaloudis last year - I think it would be fantastic if all that hard work had paid off and the beach grew to the much lauded 2009 size (I have only heard of this as Arillas was not on my radar back then ).

It was amazing last year when we went in summer and only had a slight paddle to the far extremes of the beach, yet 4 weeks later in September we had to swim if we wanted to get to the North beach (or scale the cliff side like Spiderman as some did).

Yiammas
Angela xxx

Offline CJ

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »
We had our first and so far only trip (will be back in June) to Arillas in June 2012.  There were certainly quite a few rocks poking up through the sand on certain stretches on that visit but my overall impression from looking at the webcam at the moment is that there is a far better covering this year than back then.  Sandy - is this now likely to last through the summer or can things still drastically change?

Not that I really care - as long as there is room to walk and lie on a sunbed I'm happy...

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

The beach can change from morning to afternoon depending on the wind and weather. I have seen it first thing in the morning as just a narrow strip and later the same day as wide as it is at the moment.

I love it when a storm comes over in the summer and it creeps along the horizon and then suddenly the waves are crashing right up the beach.....spectacular. Then the hot sun outcomes out and we have a different but still beautiful beach.

Val x

The love affair continues.

Offline CJ

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 12:24:45 PM »
Very poetic Val - think I can tell where you'd like to be right now.  I assume you'll be in Arillas at some point this year? 

We're going at the start of June, staying in the Mathraki for a couple of weeks.  Marion had a  back problem towards the end of our last stay and Nikos and particularly Akis could not have been more helpful.  Nice people - Mathraki was the only place to choose once we had decide we were going.  Ever stayed there?

4 weeks and counting!

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »

Hi CeeJay, well we will be there in 23 days and at our second home, the Mathraki can't remember how many times we have stayed there but we keep hoping that they will build us our own place next to the chicken coop ;)

We will be there until 6th June and back again in August....hope when you say early June that we will meet you, that would be nice.

All the family are as you say, just wonderful, we love the way they treat all of their guests......even when some of them can be "not too nice"  although we have always be lucky and been there with a nice crowd, we have stayed in one or two other apartments in Arillas but love the Mathraki best.

Hope to meet you, if not enjoy your holiday.

Val x

Offline CJ

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Hi Val - good to hear

We're getting there on the afternoon of the 2nd June so I'm sure we'll see you around the pool at some point

Take care, have a good flight

Chris & Marion

Offline annec

• Random Things Through my Letterbox
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »
We will be there at the same time as Val n Bill, I'm sure we'll all meet around the pool at some point.

I'll be reading a book, smoking and drink wine.  Val will be reading her Kindle and eating olives!

Not long now
A x

Offline CJ

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 03:29:18 PM »
Hi Annec - nice to know they'll be some friendly faces around the pool.  We'll be splitting our time between the beach and the pool but you know how it is, some days you just can't be bothered to walk....

Hope Niko's house white is as good as last time

CU soon

Offline kvarnell

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
Nikos and family, so lovely and the Mathraki, wow, we just love it

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 07:01:36 PM »

All the wine is very good, Anne loves the rose` Bill loves the white me, I drink them all. ;) don't remember if Martin is just like me or drinks the rose` like Anne ;)

There is always a nice crowd  May / June

Val x

Booking.com